Intercooler for xr6t BF

Andyzxr6t

• Member For: 6y 6m 15d

Hey guys I'm considering getting my BF xr6t tuned and lightly modded with the hopes to hit around 300Rwkws. I need to upgrade the cooler but wanted to try and steer clear of coolers that require front bar to be cut, any suggestions or links to products greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Andy

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Welcome Andy.

If you have a look around the forum you will see that there is a wealth of information here. Have a look through the 300rwkw part of the forum and see what others have used as far as coolers go. Take a look through the 400 and 500 sections too for comparison.

Here are some places that provide Ford intercoolers and other performance parts;

Jonny Tig

Nizpro

Process West

Plazmaman

PWR

Intune

The best suggestion I can think of is to do your homework before upgrading as it is better/cheaper to do things right the first time. If you decide in a few months that 300rwkw isn't enough (and a lot of us do) you don't want to have to replace parts that are only a few months old or pay for another tune in such a short time frame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
2 hours ago, Andyzxr6t said:

Hey guys I'm considering getting my BF xr6t tuned and lightly modded with the hopes to hit around 300Rwkws. I need to upgrade the cooler but wanted to try and steer clear of coolers that require front bar to be cut, any suggestions or links to products greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Andy

NO cutting for BA BF NIZPRO cooler.

• Thanks 1

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

800 hp Tube and Fin kit by Plazmaman fitted like a glove in my BA. Zero cutting needed. Jet can vouch for this.

Should be the same for your BF.

And as puff said, part with the coin now and you won't be parting with extra coin down the track when the pump isn't up to task so on and so forth.

Good luck Andy and welcome.

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Yep the Plazmaman 800HP kit fits brilliantly with no cutting and is a top medium/upper level intercooler kit with a lower end price tag :) 

happy to help out forum members with some good prices on anything intercooler related ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 6y 6m 15d

Thanks for the heads up guys appreciate it, I wasn't looking to go past really 300kw but I do know power is addictive. My bf's on 160,000kms do you guys think it's worth tuning like as in with that kind of mileage or am I just asking for trouble? Kinda why I was gonna draw a line at 300rwkw..

Service history is really good as I've owned it for the last 100k km's. 

And does anyone have any input in regards to a tested replacement for the useless rubber bushes in the diff?

Thanks in advance.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 24d

Don't be too concerned with the K's especially as the service history is good as you mentioned.

Had my BF initially tuned for at a little over 300 rwkw at about 60,000k's mark.

Just had it re tuned at 160,000k's after some additional mods and it's now around 340rwkw.

As for the diff bush, I fitted Super Pro comfort (3 bush kit) a few years back. Not too hard a job if your handy on the tools and have a trolley jack.

• Thanks 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
On 14/09/2017 at 5:44 PM, Puffwagon said:

Haha I was just going to tag you and leave it at that but I figured I'd put some effort into it!

Jeturbo is known for helping members with parts and tuning and imo is one of the best guys to leave your car with for a "one stop shop".

If I tagged him them he would be sure to see this thread. I figured I'd leave some info for you to look at rather than do that. 

As it turned out he chimed in anyway. 

Hopefully that clears up any confusion. 

• Thanks 2