Please help!!!

Mrpunk

• Member For: 6y 9m 25d

Hey all need advice please. I have a 2012 xr6t Just had my car tuned after 2nd lot of mods, 1st mods= dump, cat and tune which produced 270 rwkw. 2nd lot of mods= battery relo, cooler n pipes, 400 pump, 1000ccs, w/gate n flapper mod + 12 psi actuator, twin 2.5 catbak, braided oil line, after tune still only 270 rwkw!!!! My tuner told me that the impeller isnt big enough and cant produce enough boost/power. I want to know why or how with all these mods is my car not producing any more power??? Im absolutely baffled to be quite honest!! Is my tuner having a lend of me? Has he not tuned correctly?? Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Member For: 13y 7m 29d

Hey all need advice please. I have a 2012 xr6t Just had my car tuned after 2nd lot of mods, 1st mods= dump, cat and tune which produced 270 rwkw. 2nd lot of mods= battery relo, cooler n pipes, 400 pump, 1000ccs, w/gate n flapper mod + 12 psi actuator, twin 2.5 catbak, braided oil line, after tune still only 270 rwkw!!!! My tuner told me that the impeller isnt big enough and cant produce enough boost/power. I want to know why or how with all these mods is my car not producing any more power??? Im absolutely baffled to be quite honest!! Is my tuner having a lend of me? Has he not tuned correctly?? Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm certainly no expert but how can you do all that extra mods and end up with the same result unless your turbo was shot but I doubt it. Try a new tuner.
  • Like 1

Turbo is fine

On 9/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, Wilko16 said:
Find a new tuner mate

Was it a custom tune or generic xcal tune ?

What state are you in ?

Custom dyno, im in sa, have heard alot about jetturbo

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 25d

1st lot of mods were mostly the power ones.

2nd lot were mostly the support mods.

Engines are engines - turbos are turbos

Sounds low, but I'd ask the tuner more before we bad mouth him.

Yours sounds like it should be doing 300+, but there could have been something that just didn't work 

• Like 1

My car now idles like sh*t, smells of fuel, conks out sometimes when I start it.....the only thing I have is a bit more mid range power

On 9/10/2017 at 9:03 PM, Head said:
You didn't say who tuned it?

Hes not really know but his name is graham tickner, pt adelaide auto

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 25d

Ah, yep - didn't realise he was S.A. - E85 not required on the baby (FG) turbos over there to get over 330 at the rear.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:07 PM, Mrpunk said:

My car now idles like sh*t, smells of fuel, conks out sometimes when I start it.....the only thing I have is a bit more mid range power

That sounds more like the issue/reason to go elsewhere - have you given him a chance to fix it?

Honestly though - post up the dyno sheets - the graphs at the bottom will tell more about how farked or not the tune/tuner is than anything else.

If he didn't/won't hand them to you then I'd look for someone to fix the car before you drive it on boost.

• Like 1