ICC SCREEN FROZEN ON FORD LOGO?

Scott Hardiman

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 4y 11m 30d

Same issue with my 2014 FG Mk2 XR6T. Simply changed the battery yesterday.. first I was stuck with the screen off. Then I disconnected the battery for ~30 mins. Since reconnecting it the screen wants to stay ON at the "Ford - Interior Command Centre" logo screen. Doesn't respond to touches. Can still seem to use all features via the physical buttons.

Tried holding the power button, (and also the OK button as per some advice - possibly older advice for earlier models), for 4 seconds, 8 seconds, 10 seconds+.. no dice.

Tried removing the 3 fuses which say "ICC" in the manual too. Think two 15A and a 10A. Still nothing (one did cut the ICC and throw up a error on the dash when I removed the fuse while the car was running, but I replaced it and all came back to FROZEN). As the screen stays on when the key is removed and car is locked my only option is to disconnect the battery every time I park it seems.. luckily it's a long weekend so hopefully I can shake it loose somehow before needing to do this dance at work.

Edited by Phatt Johnson
Typos

• Member For: 4y 11m 29d

Ford are well aware of this issue, and under consumer law dealerships are supposed to do what is a very quick fix free of charge. Now getting them to acknowledge that might be another story. However if enough people told Ford dealers that consumer law states if something on a vehicle is a known fault, making the faulty item not fit for purpose, even when out of warranty, it must be rectified. It is not rocket science for Ford to fix this problem they well and truelly know about. There is apparently a firmware update as well, which the ethical dealers also will do free of charge, that will prevent frozen screens from happening again. There is nothing wrong with politely informing any dealership of your consumer rights, if they want to be difficult.

• 3 months later...