FG ute side airbag resistor

nubexr6t

• Member For: 7y 7m 12d

Hi all

Not sure if this has been covered by a previous post but I am trying to work out a problem with my ute. I bought my 09 FG turbo ute last year and it had F6 seats installed by the previous owner. The problem lies in that the seats have side airbags. The harness from the seats was plugged into the body loom but not being a vehicle that came with side airbags the confuser has detected something wrong and sets a code each time I turn the key after 30 seconds. My cheap elm reader and torque app says the DTC is related to side airbags. So is there a resistor or something that can be plugged into the plug to keep the computer happy?. I am wondering what was plugged into the plug originally like a resistor plug as the original seats dont have the wiring to plug into this plug. And I assume that the loom going to them is the original loom with the pre tensioner and seat power etc but with the extra plug there for the seat airbag. Maybe someone with the same ute can check next to thier seat and see what is plugged in there. TIA

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 7y 7m 12d

Well to answer my own question. It was solved by using the little blanking plug from FG models that dont have side airbags.  Long story short I went to the wreckers to look for some parts and saw a FG sedan that had the plugs in place and grabbed 2.

• 1 month later...