Rebuild or part out. That is the question....

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 25d

Hi all, I need some adivce...

I recently purchased a BF F6 roller, that is a repairable write off. Primarily, the car has minor damage and primarily, it was written off due to the front and rear bars being damaged. It does have a dent in the drivers side rear quarter, and will require a new radiator support panel, but besides that it is ok... I have a considerable amount of spare performance parts that I am intending to use to get the car running (Will help to clear out the garage) and I also have all of the bumper bars and inserts.

My dilemma is, that I am  concerned about the saleability of the car, once it is completed. If I part it, I will be able to recoup my money quite easily.

So, my question is. Rebuild or part it out??? 

ZYxkAaO.jpg

Pn0iODJ.jpg

X34byeB.jpg

zHKKa3z.jpg

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Depends on what the buyer has in mind.

Collectability?

Forget it, Car won't we stock and is on the WOVR so that will hurt value down the track.

Owner wants a Sweet modded car that probably has a more honest history than most modded cars? 

Cars probably perfect.

A mate bought a GTP the was an Economic Write Off a year of so back. Was bought from Auction by a Panel shop and repaired very well and then used as the owners wifes daily. My mate then bought it because he wanted a gtp but didn't want to spend the $$$'s people seem to think they are worth.

Obviously you won't get the same return as a car with pristine history but I doubt you'd be into if for the same cost level anyway.

Personally I say rebuild it and keep it. You know you want to.

• Like 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 25d

I only purchased the car, to use a lot of spare parts that I have. .  Much rather than enduring the pain, of selling individually. 

Just quietly, I don't have time. I still haven't 100% finished the black car...

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 16d

Iv found it hard to sell parts in Rocky aswel. Not enough xr6t's up here and even with free postage people are sceptical.
How close is the black one to being done?