FG fire extinguisher bracket

Lennox

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

Hey guys

Anyone with an FG mounted a fire extinguisher (accessible to driver) for track days etc and would you happen to have a few pics of what you've done? Was thinking off the front passenger seat bolts but theres those plastic trim pieces over them from memory and I'd rather leave them on but not keen to drill any new holes in the car. 

Cheers

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

There was a setup for the b series which has the same rails as the fg.

There was a group buy on AFF a while back but after a quick google I did find a bracket kit available from www.thebraketeer.com
Looks half decent.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 2d

I'd happily pay for one if you have the time! I'm not home until a day before the event so I really would like to purchase something rather than knock it up myself at the last second

• Member For: 16y 7m 9d

I made one from some scrap steel that I picked up from the tip. This is the second one I've made, first was for my old XR5 and that was much simpler and sturdier. This one is a few pieces bolted together but it's been passed multiple times by some of the pickiest CAMS scrutineers I've come across. It holds a 2kg extinguisher which was a requirement for an event I was entering, most general track days only require 1kg. Trim doesn't fit over the top, couldn't be bothered designing something that looked good, just needed to be functional and easy to install/remove.

extinguisher.jpg

• Like 1