Bypassed boost solenoid

SHMIKO_S14A

• Member For: 6y 8m 22d

Hey guys, the boost solenoid is currently bypassed on my BA XR6T motor (straight out of compressor housing and into stock wastegate actuator). It was done by the previous tuner for some reason.

What are the consequences of this and should I reconnect the solenoid? Can this cause boost spikes and additional lag by not having the solenoid hooked up and running purely on wastegate spring pressure?

Cheers in advance.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

It's not desirable as it removes a bunch of features the ecu is trying to do for boost control and yes can cause all sorts of negative issues but if a "Tuner" has done it and built a calibration around what he's done then I do not suggest you change it back unless you're going to get it re tuned correctly with it in place like it's supposed to be 

• Member For: 6y 8m 22d

Thanks for the reply mate. I might have to enlist your tuning services when it comes to getting the final tune done on my car when she's complete. I've heard good things.

Hoping to crack 300kw, have done walbro 255, 60lb dekas, xforce 4 inch dump to 3.5 fatback with 100 cell, PWR fmic and need to do valve springs next. Would anything else be needed to get there besides a strong transmission which mine will soon have?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

No worries mate happy to help out :) 

get a good intake sorted (4* race set up on the turboside ) and make sure that trans gets a big transmission cooler