HELP:Manual Ute Clutch spacer issue???

• Member For: 15y 7m 16d

Hi guys, Need some help please! I have a 2007 BFmk2 FPV Tornado Ute, 6 speed manual. I had my clutch replaced over 18 months ago and since have had problems with the clutch pedal losing its pressure, its current got about 75mm of free play before it begins to engage and moves the clutch, and when I say free play I mean its basically floppy. So now I cant even get my car into gear because the pedal wont move the clutch enough. At first I though it was a slave cylinder issue but it seems to be just something out of place. I do recall hearing about an issue with a spacer needing to be put it when replacing from a standard factory clutch. Has my mechanic forgotten to do this? Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

• Member For: 8y 3m 9d

When I fitted an Xtreme heavy duty clutch (and flywheel) along with a BF T56 to my BA, I used an alloy slave (from Mal Wood) and needed a 10mm spacer behind the slave to get the correct crush. You'd know about it from the get go though. Have you tried draining fluid completely and chucking some new fluid in? Was the slave cylinder replaced with the clutch? It's supposed to be changed every time.