Once I go black, I cant go Back!?!!

MaStars

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d

Hi fellow boosted ford lovers.

I have always thought black on black would be the way to go, I have been looking at aftermarket wheels however I don't think its withing my budget at the moment and I want to save for some power mods first as well.

I have been considering powder coating or even anodizing the factory 19" rims I have as they are growing on me, would be much cheaper? I have done a quick Photoshop below that give me a bit of an idea how it will look, however I am interested if any others out there have changed the colour of the factory wheels and have some real photos? even better if there on a Black G6ET.

whats your opinions? experiences? etc

20369479_10214227594100881_8907998751664

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Not for me.

If you did want to go that way, try plastidip first - can always go back if/when you decide it looks pox.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

funny you say that was just having a discussion with my colleague here at work and he is bringing in a can he has of matt black dupli-colour custom wrap paint, essentially the same stuff, and we are going to have a play tomorrow. 

might start with the fog lights as a can will only do a single wheel.

• Like 2

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

that's a no from me

but also

if you cant afford rims will you be able to afford mods and then extra cash when sh*t goes wrong once you start throwing more power at it? eg auto, rod out the block?

I think a simple tune will do you. 

my2c

• Like 1

• Donating Members
16 hours ago, Ford Freak said:

that's a no from me

but also

if you cant afford rims will you be able to afford mods and then extra cash when sh*t goes wrong once you start throwing more power at it? eg auto, rod out the block?

I think a simple tune will do you. 

my2c

not looking for massive power happy with about 300rwkw, from what I have heard not to much issues with reliability, for engine and gearbox at that power, I will be getting a independent trans cooler at the same time.

thank you all for your input has been very valuable :) I think I will try blacking out the grey fog light surrounds as they annoy me in grey but I think my mind has changed about the wheels.

• Like 1