Snowy Cruise 2017 (Fri 24 - Sun 26 November)

EvilDaifu

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Just walked in the door.

Stopped at a mates in Paynesville to watch the V8's.

Jindy to home via lakes is a great alternate route - sure beats the Hume.

Have a great night guys - wish I was still there with you

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

After Hotham, it's an excellent road through to Harrietville. :drivingalong:

The we decided to go up to Mount Buffalo after topping up with fuel at Bright. That's a very nice road, too :D

N167CCh.jpg

Ims9dvq.jpg

Then after getting back to the bottom of Buffalo, we said goodbye to YLD127 and headed back towards home.

Just walked in the door a few minutes ago and would like to say a big thank you to everyone who attended the cruise and hope to see you all again sometime soon as we go on another awesome cruise (hopefully Tasmania around March '18) :beerchug:

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 27d

Thanks again guys - that was an absolutely brilliant weekend. Great company, great roads, great cars.

I've never really had an opportunity to do a proper road since I got that car and the car quite honestly blew my mind. 

Feel like I got the hang of getting the best out of it on the way back along what was a great road through Namadji National Park. It is a road to nowhere and joins suburbia about 15 mins from my house...

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 13d

Okay - who washed the car before sorting out their unpacking when they got home :roflmbo:

Well I gotta say - what a great long weekend that was :thumbsup:  Great bunch of guys with a common interest in their XR cars and driving them on fantastically twisty panoramic roads in the Snowy Mountains and (for some) the VIC Alpine National Park.  From me - heart-felt thanks for joining the cruise and helping to make it fun and educational.

There were the perenials Rab and k31th.  Many thanks for Rab in helping to organise the cruise and be the other CC, and k31th with his gems of wisdom about our cars ...

Then there was EL Andrew who reckons he learnt more about how his car handles this weekend then before.  

And YLD127 who we know now is not the mild mannered 1 poster and couldn't stop saying the same thing at the end of every days' drive "now that's why I bought this car".

Who could forget Pookey who thankfully decided last minute to come  - always seeking the boundaries with k31th (even to the point where I had to drive back a bit to seek them from that wrong boundary ...)

And farrk - I must have studied the BOM radar and weather charts so much this weekend - but who'd guess mother nature would smile on us and turned on a whopper of a weekend.  We a lot of hot weather and mostly escaped the heavy rains (who remembers sippin beers at the Oriental whilst the deluge came down after dinner...) to the point where we thought it was inevitable would be driving in a hailstorm at some point but guess what - last day totally blue skies and blissful driving weather.

I had some things happen as usual - 3 cracks on the windscreen courtesy of cars in front and me pulling up in Ovens (after doing Mt Buffulo) to find my front tyre blown.  But thankfully nothing else (oh apart from the near miss with Rab who *cough* never *cough* touches the XCAL cable whilst flashing at home but for some reason on this cruise in the middle of nowhere between Hume Highway and Tumut with no mobile coverage and logger trucks pissing by at 100km/h - decides to yank out his cable whilst downloading his petrol tune ... apparently it was not comfortable driving into Tumut with quasimodo tune that disables air-conditioning whilst its 33 degC outside and who knows what else...)   All good memories now.

Some stats for me:
Avg Econ 12.5 l/100km
Fuel Used 215.8 litres
Time in Saddle 91 hrs
Total km round trip (for me) 1715 km over 4 days
Beer and Tawny Port - who knows :roflmbo:

To be honest - time went by so quickly - I'm sitting at home wondering where the weekend went.  I guess that's what happens when you're enjoying yourself.  I'll post up some pics as well soon.

Planning for the Tassie cruise in Mar has started - hope there are some guys interested in joining us.  No date in Mar chosen yet - but likely to be Spirit of Tassie over on a Thu night for Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon driving then back on the Spirit Mon night for arrival back in Melb on a Tue morning.

:beerchug: 

• Like 3

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Fantastic trip again :)

Excellent writeup - covered it all :)

Spewing I had to miss the last stretch - combining some of the Alpine cruise to the way home would have been perfect.

Definitely up for the tassy cruise