fuel pumps aem and deatsch werks

adzzy

• Member For: 7y 1m 15d

hi guys first time posting but I've been lurking for awhile and reading and learning and I'm about to start buying parts for my 2012 fg. My question is does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of aem and deatsch werks in tank fuel pumps ? I was gonna get a walbro 255lph but then I stumbled across these 2 brands over at carmodsaustralia. the dw300 flows 340lph and the aem unit flows 320lph. So I was thinking why not for a little bit more cash go something a bit more future proof.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

just get the walbro 340lph if you just want an in-tank pump with that much flow. If you want to setup for something different, there's tons of options including the brands you listed.

• Member For: 7y 1m 15d

I thought the walbros went from 255 straight to 400 then to 460 and that the pump cradle needed to be modified to fit the 400 and 460 ?. I though I read somewhere also a different module and fuel pressure reg because those 2 can cause high pressure problems ?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

well, I recently replaced mine with a 255lph and it raised the fuel pressure in a bigger replacement pod, somehow... seems to be an industry secret to how this is managed...

Yes, you're right in the fact that their most common ones are 400lph as the next step up from 255lph, but 400 isn't a huge amount over 340 and the cost jump from 255lph to the 400lph model is about $80

just go with what your tuner recommends for a in-tank pump setup, based on your actual overall goals, if you're worried.