G6et using coolant question...

KAOPointman

• Member For: 9y 11m 21d

Hi guys. I've Got a G6et and today when checkin the fluids an so on I noticed once again the coolant level was low. Now when I say low...in all cases I've noticed it...the fluid line was just still reading in the bottom of the overfill/engine bay tank. So maybe missing 1-1.5 litres I think. It's happened probably 3-4 times since last summer........always after a HARD driving session. I thought during summer it was jsimply just an overheating issue of sorts due to driving hard in the heat......but now it's happened in winter I thought I'd throw the question out there and see if anyone knows what it may be! 

Initially I thought I was using water (in a bad way) but the fluid level literally never goes down if I don't flog it. Probably been 4 months since it happened last.

anyway...id appreciate any heads up tips if anyone's knows or has seen this happen similiar before. Thanks in advance!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

Follow all of the coolant pipes around with a torch and look for dried coolant residue. It's likely you've got a slow leak somewhere.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 27d

whack some stop leak in the cooling system and follow the directions on the bottle.

haha but seriously check things over like the waterpump, you can even pull turbo heat shields off n have a look under there if you still can't find leak.

the coolant is going somewhere, like keith said get a torch. but if you ask me bang some stop leak in it and she'll be right mate ;) hahahahahahahhaa