BA XT LSD upgrade (Barra)

SHMIKO_S14A

• Member For: 6y 9m 12d

Hey guys, I'm new to the falcon world so be patient with me lol.

I just purchased a BA XT with a barra 240t in it. It has the standard 4 speed auto that came with the XR6T motor but has an open wheel diff which would be the original XT diff.

My question is what types of LSD diffs fit into a BA XT running a barra conversion with the 4 speed auto. I'm assuming it's safe to say I could bolt a BA (maybe BF/FG too) XR6T/XR8 LSD straight into it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

What would be the best cost effective option to get it spinning both wheels. I'm eventually going to be aiming for around the 300 - 350rwkw mark.

Cheers in advance.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

Your car has an M78 diff. M86 will bolt in, but driveshaft and axles will need to be changed.

You better off buy a complete rear cradle from a turbo/V8 and driveshaft to suit.

• Member For: 6y 9m 12d

I'm possibly aiming for the car to do some drag work in the future and like I mentioned I'm hoping for up to 350kw, would this be better and less of a headf*ck than fitting an M86 lsd?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361770795657

Any guys running this setup in either an M78 or M86?

Also if I was doing the installation myself, would there be less work involved with the trutrac than installing a whole new cradle, axles and driveshaft?

Edited by SHMIKO_S14A