Fix a Toyota

El Andrew

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I think it would be cheap enough to get an auto-elec to confirm that the wiring from those sensors to the ECU is still healthy.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d
This ^^^^

That ^^^^

Actually the engine bay is quite short compared to a Falcon. I did consider a Territory but it is nice to work on something different too.

Yeah auto leccy is not a bad idea.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'll let you know how I go. Meant to be building a cubby house and arranging a bathroom reno, not fixing effin cars again.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Gold Donating Members

Just for the LOLs - I finally fixed this bloody thing. Replaced the vacuum lines and had the car properly smoke tested but no luck.

Was getting suspicious it was fuel pressure despite Toyota saying it was ok. The dash fuel consumption was way worse than actual fuel consumption, which made me wonder if pressure was low (and being compensated by longer injector pulse width to achieve lambda 1.00) the car would think it was using more fuel than it was. Replaced the in tank fuel filter along with the the O rings in the fuel pressure regulator last night as part of a major service.

Fuel trims now fluctuate a couple of points +/- zero. Car feels more responsive too. Original problem occurred about 24 hours after filling with petrol so reckon it must have been one fair sh!thouse tank of gas.

• Gold Donating Members

Haha it is now. Was feckin annoying for the past two years! Car drove ok though so wasn't worth continuing to chuck parts at it and hoping for the best. All up it had 5 mechanic visits, including 2 to Toyota, without a correct diagnosis.

• Sad 1