Upgrade Stock G6ET brakes

MaStars

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 10m 18d

Hi all,

I have noticed my brakes are in need of replacing have noticed a shudder every now and then and just general poor performance and some squealing.

I have read through the forums, and the DBA T3 4000 series seem to be the way to go keeping some budget in mind, would love to get some brembos but cant really justify to fork out that cash atm.

however I am seeing heaps on conflicting info on the fourms, ebay and DBA itself. In regards to the stock breaks being 298mm vs 322mm I wanted to go the BDA T3 DBA42107S which are 322mm. will these fit my car? I believe it has stock calipers. its a 2009 G6E Turbo... I was also thinking the brembo pads as well look like good value.

link to Rotors http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/dba42107s-dba-4000-series-t3-slotted-brake-rotor.html

link to pads http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/p99008-brembo-brake-pads.html

any input would be great.

Ben

Edited by MaStars

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 11d

Turbo front brakes, whether G6ET or XR6T are 322mm

Go to Race Brakes Sydney, talk to Matt and tell him they were recommended on the Ford forums

Best price, great service.

Grab some pads while you're at it, read this thread for recommendations but ignore freaky cos he can't make up his mind... ;) 

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/88776-fg-brake-upgrade/

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 10m 18d

Thank you Camo, that would be great but I'm in Brisbane. Its ok but I fit them myself, no problems just need to be sure I get the correct rotors

thank you again for the clarification.

Ben

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 19d

My stock G6ET brakes with t3s, Braided lines and qfm a1rm bit as hard as stock brembos. Get some good pads while your at it. As said before 322mm rotors

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

Have to also confirm the T3 upgrade with goodridge stainless lines, works a treat.

Can't remember what pads are in it, might be QFM HPX or something similar - but no issues with "squealing" at all. 

Replace the brake fluid (flush and replace - so 2 bottles) while your at it  

Also, I'm pretty sure I only have the T2's on the rear, and T3's on the front - so that's an option if price is a issue

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 29d
7 hours ago, camo86T said:

Turbo front brakes, whether G6ET or XR6T are 322mm

Go to Race Brakes Sydney, talk to Matt and tell him they were recommended on the Ford forums

Best price, great service.

Grab some pads while you're at it, read this thread for recommendations but ignore freaky cos he can't make up his mind... ;) 

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/88776-fg-brake-upgrade/

bahahahahah

• 11 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 2d

All G6E turbos are 322 on the front. on the rear I changed my standard ones to the larger territory 328mm discs and calipers. (same as on the rear of F6 and Gt's with Brembo fronts) they look much better and pull the car up better. I have braided lines and the discs are RDA slotted and dimpled. These you can get at a good price on ebay but don't by hard pads. I have the EBA reds tuff Kevlar pads. work great and easy to clean as the minimal dust has not metal. With same pedal pressure I pull up much quicker. This set up is more than capable of taking a beating.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

Lol @ rda taking a beating... Try them on a track or in twisty roads until they're actually hot and see how long they last.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

Yeah I was thinking that. I actually bought a set to put on the rear. At $125 a pair, I'll just ditch them if they are junk. They can stay the fark away from the front though.

Trying to spend the money where it counts so I can do carpet, blinds, deck, etc!

I've bought braided lines to replace the old 2004 rubber stuff, 328 rears RDA with Bendix pads and 322 fronts DBA T2. Just need to pick up the ns400s if they are ever back in stock...