No pressure source port on turbo

BarraLoke

• Member For: 7y 19d

I purchased a BA xr6t with a bigger turbo but it has no pressure source port where the boost solenoid would usually hook up too.. 

Do I have to take the turbo out and drill a port for it? Iv also heard of people running it somewhere off the intake manifold somehow but that's for other models of engine!

Any advice would be appreciated ?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

You can run it anywhere just past the turbo compressor outlet, too, say on the "hot side" intercooler pipework. It's probably somewhere further down the plumbing from the turbo compressor outlet or it'll be overboosting something shocking without a reference for the wastegate to read from :spoton:

If you want to have it on the compressor housing of the turbo (the stock and most ideal location) then yes, you'd need to drill/tap and add a fitting/nipple to the compressor housing.

• Member For: 7y 19d

Yeah its not connected anywhere ? I went to do the old wd40 trick and noticed it loose! So I can tap in anywhere on the hot side or? 

Could u possibly post a photo of the "hotside" pipe I would tap into? Driving 300km tommorow and I would rather fix this before I leave :dancing:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

ideally you'd want a metal surface. Anywhere from after the outlet of the compressor housing would be fine. If you have the kit, on the compressor housing is ideal. It's a bit hard to post a pic since you said you've got a "bigger turbo", so the hot side is likely custom.