New Member!!! 2009 G6e Turbo

MaStars

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 10m 14d

Hello all,

I just picked up a 2009 G6E Turbo for a great deal. 145k on the clock and is in great condition mechanically, paint needs some TLC and interior is in really good condition. Just put 4 new tyres (cheapos for now) on her and all new super pro diff bushings, needed one tyre and bushing for RWC so got all done while it was there. Apart from that seems stock.

I knew the barra motors were a beast but I was really surprised how quick it was. Has been a while since I had a turbo car used to own a 220fwkw GT starlet heavily set up for the track, but that was nearly 6 years ago as I got into motorcycles, so I am looking forward to modifying this new beast as a express daily/motorcycle mover. 

Current future mods plans in order of purchase unless someone changes my mind.

• tow ball (need to transport motorcycles hence ute in photo which I will be selling)
  • Whiteline front and rear sway bars
  • Stage 1 upgrade with Real Dyno here in Bris and their Trans cooler upgraded to stop the ZF milkshake
  • Shockworks coilovers (seem to be the best option for the money and Aussie built is nice)
  • maybe some wheels I would like a set of work meisters S1

Just wanted to say Hi and post some pics, looks like a great friendly forum. would love to hear some feedback on the mods or other ideas. Plan on doing some test and tune nights and maybe some happy laps etc. Goal would be 300+rwkw and 11s ;)

18921794_10213640070013146_129046373645618922080_10213640070093148_534225338364218920680_10213640070053147_4808895471626

• Like 5

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Tow kit recommended. I tow a caravan with no problems.

Sway bar.........hmmm unless you're doing a heap of track days.

Stage 1? Not to hard to make 300+ trans upgrade, YES!

Wheels black on black..........SWEET!!

Dont forget window tint.

• Donating Members

Thanks Guys :)

personally I like cars that handle currently its a little barge like for me lol, and the sway bars are only $700 and easy to install.

what tow kit do you have? I was looking at the factory one and its seems expensive, I have seen tow balls Australia have a good light weight kit, as I dont kneed a heavy duty one as I am only towing a small box trailer with motorbikes. maybe 1000kg max also do I have to make cuts to the bumper?

I have a question you guys might know. if I get a 12psi internal waste gate for the turbo is the waste gate porting flapper mod needed as well?

1 hour ago, NathanB said:

Nice one! What's included in that's stage one upgrade?

their stage one kit includes the process west intake kit and muffler delete, sct x4, and tune I believe, about $3000 including the cooler upgrade which is about $700 fitted alone. But I am going to get a hold of a 4" turbo back exhaust, 1000cc injectors, and valve springs, Turbo smart BOV and 12psi internal waste gate and install some or all of it myself, and get them to tune for it at once.

• Like 1

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

Car came with heavy duty tow kit. I can tow 2300kg braked.

Remember anything over 600kg needs electronic braking. Well here in NSW we do.

• Member For: 10y 10m 26d
Thanks Guys

personally I like cars that handle currently its a little barge like for me lol, and the sway bars are only $700 and easy to install.
what tow kit do you have? I was looking at the factory one and its seems expensive, I have seen tow balls Australia have a good light weight kit, as I dont kneed a heavy duty one as I am only towing a small box trailer with motorbikes. maybe 1000kg max also do I have to make cuts to the bumper?

I have a question you guys might know. if I get a 12psi internal waste gate for the turbo is the waste gate porting flapper mod needed as well?

Nice!! That will be so solid. What cooler do they go with?

Many many pics pls
  • Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d
19 hours ago, MaStars said:

paint needs some TLC 

welcome MaStars

looks good in the photos :ok:

Yes the limo is a little "barge like" and would benefit with a little stiffening

• Donating Members

hahaha I guess the trickery of photography, the paint has alot of stone chips up front and the whole thing has the spiderweb circles in the paint, just needs a good cut and polish, but the body is really straight no dints I can see.

12 hours ago, Pixy Angel said:

Car came with heavy duty tow kit. I can tow 2300kg braked.

Remember anything over 600kg needs electronic braking. Well here in NSW we do.

that's a good point. I will have to check with local regulations but to be honest it will most likly be less than 500kg or less anyway

10 hours ago, NathanB said:

Nice!! That will be so solid. What cooler do they go with?

Many many pics pls

I think their stage 1 kit is just uses the stock inter cooler, I will likely source my own larger intercooler, am looking at the process west one too but is quite pricy, a lot more that I remember intercoolers being lol.

• Like 1