Best perormance mods to start with on an auto

Jakexr6

• Member For: 6y 11m 22d

Hey just wondering where to start with the performance side of things I have an automatic transmission unfortunately and I'm not sure where to start to get it a bit more power I'm only on my p plates so it can't be stuff like turbo and things like that and not super obvious limited space for improvement I know site links would be helpful also. Thanks for any help you can give me 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

the N/A isn't even worth modifying to try and make power, whether it's manual or auto.

Just get a nice cat-back exhaust for some sound and put some suspension and/or wheels on the car so that it looks and sounds tough, but actually isn't ;)

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

The ZF generally speaking is quicker than a manual box anyway (assuming a BF here) 

NA motors can benefit nicely from a basic tune and exhaust, still going to be limited not having boost.

My opinion for what little its worth is to wait til you are off your P's and buy something nice with a turbo.  The bigger challenge as a P plater is not molesting and trashing a perfectly good car in 3 years so it can be sold at a reasonable price

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 5y 5m 1d

1. K&N air filter not pod filter.

2. Full exhaust system, extractors, high flow cat, 2.5" exhaust if for BA or BF, if for a FG you will need to swap high flow cat for euro4 cat as check engine light will activate with high flow cat unless you have it tuned & turned off.

3. dyno tune will extract the most from the engine with above mods. SCT tuner is a good start as it can hold multiple different tunes eg: 98 octane, 95 octane, highway, etc