BA wagon turbo conversion using ford parts

Lunchietey

• Member For: 13y 7m 26d

Intake side finished(MAP and wiring, butterflies removed, oil feed installed, oil switch replaced, FPR, wiring for gauges in place and hose for boost gauge run into cabin) intercooler piping and installation finished, water lines and oil feed all done(intake side was a bitch) and last water hoses replaced, new wastegate (turbosmart IWG @5psi) finally arrived and fitted as per instructions. 

Ready for turbo bolt in tomorrow and connect all lines to it. Just still need to drill drain line. Once the drain is in, I'll drain the oil and flush as well as install the sandwich plate and sender's for oil temp/press. 

Not a lot left to do. Dropping the ecu off to Ralph for initial flash tomorrow too.

Hopefully the postie drops the last few bits off!(waiting on one gauge, crossover vibration mounts etc, just little stuff)

Woohoo!

• Like 2

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 28d

hey @Lunchietey, did you use a stock check valvue at the rear PCV port?

Reason I am asking, is I still have not installed my damn catch can, cause I have no idea what piping and pcv check valve to get, before I install the catch can.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Depending on boost level.  Stock one way valve may not be strong enough.  I use an aftermarket one so my catch can doesn't get pressurised 

Edited by arronm

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

@arronm what check valve do you use?

Had the same thought RE pressure rating, also will be doing a bigger size line than factory when I get around to doing my catch can setup

Edited by camo86T

• Member For: 13y 7m 26d

Almost done. A few little bits tomorrow and refill fluids after etc and pick the ECU up. 50% chance of starting her up tomorrow but may end up being Monday if I can't get everything 100%. Either way, exhaust won't be finished until next week.

It's my Birthday Saturday so Sunday I won't be moving a whole lot haha :VBBeer:

• Like 1