DSC issues

courtjesterau

• Member For: 7y 8m 9d
I have a FGMK 2 XR6 which is an ex police car, and I think I am having some issue with teh car electrically.

I have an airbag light on and the DSC light on. The airbag I had scanned and found it was a front impact severity sensor. I swapped this out and the airbag light turned off. However, after about 2 weeks it came back on. I feel like it will be the same sensor as when I removed the faulty one it had already been changed once before(the one that was replaced had pain pen on it like it was from the wreckers)
so this was not the first time it has had this issue. I plan to check the wiring and replace this again which will turn it off again.

Also I have an issue with my DSC. The DSC light comes on the dash once I start the car. THE ABS light is Not on.

The brake lights work and so does the cruise control even with the DSC fault. I had it scanned and they were unable to communicate with the DSC module in the car, which is why I think there may be a wiring issue.

I have checked all fuses under the bonnet and on the driver side and all are fine and all connectors are plugged in firmly. The DSC fault appears immediately once you start the car.

my question is where in the car is this module / ECU that controls the DSC system? Is it the Main ECU or elsewhere?

I will be pulling the front bar and going over the wiring that this airbag sensor connects to I want to also look for any obvious faults with this ECU / wiring that controls the DSC system, so any help as to where I should be looking for this would be a help

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

The hydraulic system itself looks like this (for the ABS/TCS/DSC system) ->

KQvT7gT.png

The ABS controller in the engine bay (which looks like the pic below) gets electrical inputs from the ECU to control the above hydraulic system. (it's a self-contained system that can only be diagnosed if you have the right equipment)

F674AeS.png

The system has a bunch of electrical sensors that could be causing the symptoms you're getting. Check on those, first.

- yaw rate sensor

- steering angle sensor

- wheel speed sensors

I have checked all the wheel sensors and caould not see anything obvious and if that was the issue it should have come up in a scan

thanks for the pic, so the DSC / ABS is the same / one module?  now im more confused, as the ABS light is not on and ABS is working but they were unable to scan it.  can the ABS work even though this ECU is faulty?

I might buy a wreck and start swapping bits out

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

Yes, the DSC/ABS/TCS is the same module.

Don't worry about the ABS light. If you ahve a DSC light then troubleshoot the sensors I told you about.

they could not communicate with teh module to tell me which sensor it was (if it is)

I have looked at the wheel sensors and could not see anything obvious, where approx is the yaw rate sensor located?

Edited by courtjesterau