Changed intercooler piping now problems

Matt2525

• Member For: 6y 10m 16d

Hey guys first post, I've recently changed my intercooler piping over, nothing major but after a drive ( standard drive nothing out of the ordinary) I stopped to get fuel, started up my car and it sounded like I had a coin in my engine, checked the oil and it was dead empty! So I got it towed home but even if I start it it's sounding like it's about to die, any ideas or help would be awesome 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

uh oh.

these motors are strong.....but without oil you cook em.

hopefully the noise isn't the big end and maybe something like timing chain tensioner has had it?

but without oil im sorry I think you cooked it.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Surely the engine oil light would have turned on to warn you before hand. I just don't see how this is even possible unless you lost your sump plug which would be a serious oil leak.

I am not having a go at the OP, but I just don't see how the engine could run out of oil like this.

I hope you didn't start the car without putting oil in it first. Take it to one of the recommended tunas of the forum to get looked at so you know what is going on.

• Like 1

So I am not sure what's going on! I've put oil back in! Started it and it seems to idle fine, but once I accelerate it sounds like sh*t and has no power, anyone feel like really being a legend and come have a look, happy to pay just need some good advice. My mechanic keeps ripping me! Thanks guys this forum is mint ?  

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

What area are you bud?

Until you get someone to start testing it don't start or drive it any more. It sounds like some serious damage has already been done but if it starts then it can always get worse.

Oh don't tell me that haha, I'm in tynong it's just out of Pakenham, in Melbourne. I rang my mechanic his told me to go buy a heap of sh*t like, coil packs spark plugs and he hasn't even come to look at the car! Any help would be awesome 

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I think that in a situation like this, it would be in your best interest to get the car towed to a recommended tuner in melburne.

Those that know melbourne well, who would be a recommended tuner to get the car sent to?

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Whether other parts need replacing has fark all to do with it having no oil in it. 

If it has gone from fine to farked and then still runs like crap after the oil was refilled then that points to engine damage. 

There really isn't a lot anyone can do from the forum as the car needs checking. 

I've heard Pit Lane recommended plenty of times here although I haven't used them myself. https://g.co/kgs/BgqYTc