Flat out or stop. Lost zone control on my HVAC

FiftyOne

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

Think if got a dead mix shaft but searching I can't understand the symtoms. 

I've got no control over the direction of air, so no demist just flat out to your face, stop and a few speeds in between. Still have temp control however.  Anyone able to point in a good direction before I tear out a dash with no diagnosis? I'll put up a tech doc while I'm fixing it too as I haven't come across any in a quick search 

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Mixer/Blend shaft controlls the ratio of warm to cool air not the vent allocation.

Remove the glovebox and ave a look in the Passenger side foot wheel up under the dash next to the icc and you see the HIM , its a white/tan coloured unit with three coloured levers coming out of it.

Have a look and see if and of the link rods have come off the levers or if the levers actually move when changing vent assignment. 

Also try disconnecting and reconnecting the him. I've seem them come back to life after doing this.

Or get really techo and use Forscan and an ELM327 to run the HIM test/diag

Edited by Ralph Wiggum

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

I always think of the mixer/blend shaft and those HIM levers as the same thing... cheers for the correction, Luke.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

I drive the ute mostly weekends so I'll leave it til next week & check the voltage before I head off. I believe low voltage could be why the boost gauges only work half the time as well

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

I had intermittent issues with lights on the dash of my F6 due to losse neg terminal (was coming loose all the time) on the battery.   So yeah - battery seems to play a large role in things going haywire on the dash.