What do you think of the new kia stinger gt? The next f6?

mike0819

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
40 minutes ago, mike0819 said:

While out xr6 turbo is getting old, discontinued, kia is bring out a new 3.3 twin turbo v6 , could that be the new xr6 turbo? Should get good number with a good tune

You're getting old and discontinued.

• Like 4

• Member For: 7y 1m 24d

According to http://www.caradvice.com.au/492846/2018-holden-commodore-review-new-opel-insignia-driven/ - the "new Commodore" will be powered by an NA V6.

My belief is the Stinger will be an awesome bit of gear. Kia's production standards have improved markedly, and with their current warranty scheme and general competitive pricing, it'll be difficult to go past them as a family barge with some gusto. http://www.caradvice.com.au/540580/kia-stinger-to-get-bmw-style-dynamic-suspension-tweaks-for-australia/

I'd love to see Hyundai put some fire in the belly of the Genesis. Having driven a few, I can attest to them being an awesome car... just uninspiring when the loud pedal is mashed.

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 10m 18d

I don't understand those nasty replies to mike...
Man simply asked very reasonable question to see your opinions.
Yes, we all love our XR6T and we are all sorry it is becoming a history, but people you need to move on!!
We all laughed at KIAs 10 years ago. Since their Optima GT I'm not laughing any more. They are showing what their capabilities are in designing cars.
Give them a few more years, and they will be on par with the best Japan has to offer.
Look at their engines in KIA vehicles. Power to liter output is very respectable.
Now I'm not 100% sure they reached a point where they can develop an engine with huge power in a relatively small block without issues, but that remains to be seen...

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
8 minutes ago, hpfmnst said:

I don't understand those nasty replies to mike...

Replies weren't aimed at mike - they were aimed the thought of changes

And the idea of "supercar" advertising vs "shoppingcar" performance

The car sounds interesting, but the actual performance, platform and potential are unknown.

(Look for the 1st person who posted pics of the FG-X, or even dig further for the 1st pics of the FG - am sure the "nasty comments" were worse)