Buying an FG F6, MK1 or MK2?

Black_S15

• Member For: 14y 1m 18d

hi all

as titled suggests im in the market for an FG F6. previously owned a BF2 F6 typhoon and absolutely was in love with the thing... It was stock with just a K&N filter added and made just 220rwkw at autotech but it was amazing. the thing was immaculate and I stupidly sold it as I needed some funds for other investments in life at the time.

Anyways, I'm now in the market for an Fg F6, it appears that the prices have held quite well....? I purchased my 2007 typhoon with 87,000km in 2012 for $26k and it was immaculate, now im looking at 5 year old Fg F6's (2012 models hence Mk2) and they are all mainly high 30s with 80,000km + and if km's are less they go well into the 40s and close to 50... due to these prices I'm thinking I will just go with an MK1 F6. are the differences/improvements of an Mk2 enough to justify price jump over the MK1?

I do prefer the Mk2 rims over the dark agents and I've already experienced the twisters.

apologise if this has been covered before...

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

Ya can pick up some MK1's for reasonable cash, but most have high km's and most definitely have had a couple of owners by now.

MK2's on the other hand one owner's still with low km's but asking really high coins for them. Definitely one to have a long think about.

The more ya out lay up front the less there is for a few mods.

Projector headlights and euro 4 emissions on mk2's. More interactive ICC as well. Other than wheels not much else really got changed from memory.

Good luck with ya shopping.

• Member For: 14y 1m 18d

Yeah the more I think about it the more I want an mk2... some of these mk1s are hitting 7, 8 , 9 years old... 

what's crazy is the mk2 were 55-60k drive away not long ago.... why won't they go down !!

looks like they have held there value being the last ever F6 produced ..

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

^^^:stupid:You'll get a cleaner car I would have thought. Especially if your last F6 was immaculate.

Aim high champ. Just think if they haven't dropped in price they should hold decent coin for a while.

You fork a shed load now but you won't lose as much as you would with other model falcons.

• 5 months later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

It may sound trivial but the Bluetooth in the MK 2s are probably one reason but I'm a tactile kinda guy and I really hate touch screens to control entertainment in a car - means you always have to look where to put your fingers.  Knobs are the go :roflmbo: