warm startup almost stalling

menicing

• Member For: 11y 4m 2d

2 issue I'm trying to sort out, I've included as much info as I can think of minus the tune file any help is appreciated

I'm using hpt for my barra conversion (fg engine with bf pcm) and I currently have an issue where once the car is up to temp (60-90c) during startup it'll rev up and then drop back down real low almost stalling and slowly come good, currently idle is set to 750rpm... There's been a couple of times that its started and gone straight to the desired rpm without issue after running for quite some time, so is this something the ecu might right itself if I'm not updating the tune constantly? also I have zero issue's like this with a cold start

Also I'm finding the return to idle after free rev is slow anyone able to point me to the correct table for possibly fixing that, I've put a manual table into the dashpot tables but they reference while the vehicle is moving and haven't been able to test it on the road yet

This is my post but for some reason its posted under a different user?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Well then I think you'll understand that before asking a question exhaust options first as I believe that your issues will mostly be rectified with some very obvious answers 

just sayn hahaha :bliss:

• Gold Donating Members

Well derr lol , what do you think the multipliers are multiplying haha

nar its better to have these questions on here vs do my fully sick wheels poke enough 

the BF ecu doesn't have the resolution of the FG but with simple interpretation you can scale it to hit the mark 

have an open mind and look through what the FG engine ( strategy ) is doing and where the BF lacked and make it better with less ;) 

Haha yeah, I've modified the airflow and multiplier tables to suit fg but its still doing the stall/hunt deal right at start up, I'll play with the numbers to see if anything helps

Edited by menicing

• Gold Donating Members

You will fine a bunch of different scaled maps from BF to FG and you'll need to work through them all assuming mechanically it's A1 

I've done all the SD hi res tables which helped with fuel trimming, cam, spark, with a lot needing to have interpolation to match the different axis. I'm going to be cleaning Tb and pumping through some injector cleaner with a new fuel filter tomorrow to eliminate anything mechanical, after that I'll just start fudging numbers till I find something that helps