• Member For: 6y 11m 14d

Hey guys, so I drive a 2002 ba falcon and just yesterday it broke down during my 8 hour roadtrip. I was driving along goind around 110 km/h when suddenly what seemed to be the transmission, started jerking for a few seconds. Immediately after, the revs shot up to 3500, I'm assuming it went into 'limp' mode. I then started hearing strange noises such as a loud grinding noise coming from under the car, I immediately pulled over and could smell some sort of fluid, but there are no leaks.

Now whenever I select Drive or Reverse I hear this grind noise. I assume this is very bad, has anyone else had a similar problem.. Any help would be much appreciated.

For anyone interested, it turns out the clutch in the auto had burnt out. I paid a mechanic to fit another transmission, but it still jerks when coasting and slips gears.. Apparently very common. Definitely won't be buying another BA

Oh a 6 spd manual would be lovely, but I've heard its a big pain in the ass to do

On 20 April 2017 at 6:16 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Smells:fish:

If it's still slipping either the new trans is dicked or there is another issue.

Get the fluid level checked ASAP before you hurt the replacement.

Will do, cheers.