Dynamic Steel Wheels on FG Turbo Ute

Steveor

• Member For: 6y 11m 21d

Hi All

No one seems to have much love for steel wheels and I understand the weight issue but quite frankly the whole 20 inch alloy look just doesn't work for me and the roads around where I live aren't that great, so much so that the 20 inch KMC rims that were on my FG MK2 XR6T when I bought it seem to crack as soon as they're within 3 metres of any kind of pothole. I've had all 4 wheels repaired in the 5 months that I've owned my car so it's time to change tact and find something a bit more durable. I should also note that we repair damaged alloys at my work and I've seen everything from Simmons, Speedy, ROH, FPV, HSV even OEM euro rims buckled and cracked so it seems nothing is immune. So my question is....has anybody tried Dynamic Drift Steel wheels and if so how was the fitment? IMO they look ok even if they're only 17" and available in 17 x 9 with 30mm offset (front) and 17 x 10 with 35mm offset. Sounds a bit Dukes Of Hazard if I put 245/45's front and maybe 295/45 rears?

Any feedback from you gurus would be good.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

I'd go 255 front so there's less diff from front to rear.

They will fit front and rear.

Going from my wheels as a comparison they won't foul on bodywork or suspension. Doesn't leave you room for bigger brakes though.

I have 18x8.75 +36 fronts (255/40r18) and 18x9.75 +36 (295/35r18) rears.

From willtheyfit.com as a comparison.

5f76bc41c8e9812195f5c1560a6d56cc.jpg12dcb1b40b636ffad8e5070db53e1c39.jpg

• Member For: 6y 11m 21d

Thanks for the comparison Ozywalker. I'll check out the 255 idea for the fronts, just dont want too much excess tyre wall roll or the uterus will feel like its driving in a bowl of custard.

Been a Ford man all of my 53 yrs and can't believe how bloody hard Ford made it for us compared to the HSV lot. I love the power of the turbo 6 with the 6 speed manual and the ute handles pretty good even if it does have leaf spring rear but the lack of attention to detail and the squeaky seats and cabin rattles are appaling for a 4 yr old car with 50k on it and probably indicative of why they went tits up in the end. Having said all that, it would still smash my old 302 top loader XC ute :)

• 1 month later...