Ford made it hard

qwertay

• Member For: 7y 13d

So, im just turned 20 and off my Ps at the end of the year and currently drive a 2010 G6 50th anno. Love the car to bits and have always said that id go for another falcon in the future as ive always been a ford guy and so have both my parents so its the logical choice. 

Anyway, My parents have been looking at a new car ever since theirs got written off to flood damage ('11 VW Tiguan with faulty AC / sunroof drain pipe) so as you can imagine weve been everywhere looking at options and I decided to wander over to the commodores whilst they were elsewhere just to see what the other camp was offering and my god I was impressed. All the tech and features (and WAY better driving position which I always thought was a load) but long story short, I was blown away. 

After reading up on the reviews online I came to the realisation that Ford really hasnt left the faithful with much to be desired. Sure theres the Mustang but at a touch under 70k and a 12 month wait, its not real cheap and youll be waiting a while as well. I understand that alot of it is just overlooking the problems but (As sad as it is) all the reviews are correct, the car just looks tired on the inside and the drive just doesnt compare in my opinion.

I dont really know where I was going with this but im so close to buying an LS3 powered Late model camira it isnt funny and just wanted other peoples opinions on it. Why should I buy another falcon when the competition is just so much better value for money. Ive thought about buying an F6 but im more into circuit racing than drags so the turbo makes it a little more difficult in that department and the XR8 even in all of its Supercharged glory just doesnt seem up to the job of tagging the Commo. 

TLDR; Blue blood thinking of defecting :(

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

There's at least 3 of us on here who did exactly this with the latest model commonwhores. Myself, @JETURBO and @arronm all looked at the FG-X and each went for a VF instead. Admittedly, ours were VF-1, not the series 2's, but still. I had a FG XR6-T and then went to a FG2 GT...then to a VF SS-V-Redline and the Redline was head and shoulders above my Fords. The Ford motors were so much better, don't get me wrong...but the VF was just so much better from a day to day driving experience. My Redline outhandled my XR6-T (which had Tein coilovers fitted and my GT (which had Shockworks coilovers fitted) by a long margin. My VF felt so much newer and more refined. No diff bush issues, no wheel tramp issues, no gearbox noises.

I remember driving a manual VF and not being overly impressed, but then I drove a VF-Redline with a Walky pack on it with an Auto gearbox and that was really what sold me. The auto model transformed the feel of the car, very smooth, quiet and refined. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the Miami motor in my GT, that thing was fantastic, as was the Barra in my 6-T...but of all my cars I miss my VF the most. I regularly catch myself wishing I still had it, but rarely get the same feelings when thinking about my Fords. And this is coming from someone who's been a Ford guy his whole life.

And before anyone else says it, I now own a Honda coz I wanted to buy a house, so sold off all my toys to get the savings up for that.

• Like 3

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

My house is gonna be sucking up all my money for the foreseeable future, Marco. So no new car for me for a few years I'd say.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

it had been a while since stripey splayed his opinion on this topic around this forum... it's was good while it lasted :P

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Unfortunately the truth hurts. 

At  least with BA BF I have an old car

with FG-X you have a new , old car. 

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

I'd get the F6 if $$ permits. Would go an XR6T if your going to modify it.
As well as they go down the 1/4 they can be set up to hit the circuit of you want.

• Member For: 15y 8m 19d
There's at least 3 of us on here who did exactly this with the latest model commonwhores. Myself, @JETURBO and @arronm all looked at the FG-X and each went for a VF instead. Admittedly, ours were VF-1, not the series 2's, but still. I had a FG XR6-T and then went to a FG2 GT...then to a VF SS-V-Redline and the Redline was head and shoulders above my Fords. The Ford motors were so much better, don't get me wrong...but the VF was just so much better from a day to day driving experience. My Redline outhandled my XR6-T (which had Tein coilovers fitted and my GT (which had Shockworks coilovers fitted) by a long margin. My VF felt so much newer and more refined. No diff bush issues, no wheel tramp issues, no gearbox noises.

I remember driving a manual VF and not being overly impressed, but then I drove a VF-Redline with a Walky pack on it with an Auto gearbox and that was really what sold me. The auto model transformed the feel of the car, very smooth, quiet and refined. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the Miami motor in my GT, that thing was fantastic, as was the Barra in my 6-T...but of all my cars I miss my VF the most. I regularly catch myself wishing I still had it, but rarely get the same feelings when thinking about my Fords. And this is coming from someone who's been a Ford guy his whole life.

If it wasn't for the Barra, I'd be in a VF myself. As my G6ET is getting insurance work done, I've been driving my fathers VF Calais for the last few weeks, and goddamn I hate how good it is haha.