FGX G6E turbo brake upgrade

PSIFRK

• Member For: 17y 2m 19d

Hi all, yes I know brake topics have been done before but looking to upgrade my standard ones to something a little bigger. I am running 20" rims on it atm so clearance shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas on what to get with out the brembo price tag. Cheers

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Have a look at shockworks - they're the one to beat for suspension and are doing a line of calipers and rotors for the Fords

Not sure how close they are to releasing the rears yet (may have already got them in stock)

XYZ also do a set - or PBR???

Many are happy with just upgrading the rotors and pads to DBA T3 and keeping the current callipers

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

if you dont want to get brembos then your only option is to get some better rotors like dba slotted and new pads.

otherwise open your wallet and get some 4/6 pot brembos from the wreckers or something and save some coin. 

• Member For: 17y 2m 19d

Cheers guys. Might look into those options. I hate the look of stock calipers even when people paint them hence why I want to upgrade them as well

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Don't forget to upgrade the lines to braided lines.

That in itself was one of the biggest differences that I noticed without having to upgrading to brembos.

Yes I still have stock callipers. I did as Rab mentioned.

I changed my rotors to dba 4000, with the bendix ultimate pads and upgraded the lines to braided lines.

I am pretty sure that it doesn't have the same bite as the brembo's,  but that in itself was a huge upgrade for me, without having to get new rims.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

I got mine from Matt at Race brakes Sydney. Off the shelf is what we got for the group buy, that I arranged a few years back. Call him up tomorrow for a pricing. Mention the forum and he might give ya a discount. ;)