Battery relocation and filter box

• Member For: 19y 7m 26d

I have just made a battery relocation kit and also a box for the pod filter to fit where the battery was. My question is I have an upgraded intercooler but it's still the original "shape" just larger. Can I install the pod filter box or do I have to change the Intercooler to the one that has the inlet and outlet at the bottom? Any photos of my setup would be great ;)

• Member For: 7y 20d
Was it hard to make the setup my brother in laws a metal fabricator was gunna ask him ..would be good to know how u do it I wanna get rid of the crossover completely think u run your cool side straight to throttle body not really sure that's why I've joined up to get some ideas only had it a few months a7c03889c494d78599ba11a3caff6062.jpg

• Member For: 10y 10m 4d

Yeah that's the boost sensor if I'm not mistaken but someone else might chime in. I haven't removed mine yet as I want to do the same and either remove the whole crossover and make up something like a process west throttle body relocation or even just use their version of the crossover pipe just for the throttle body cold side. Then make up a 3 or 4 inch air box etc. let me know how you go. Just make sure you leave provisions for he sensor and even the rocker cover recirculating and pcv system //do a catch can or two. If youve ever taken most of the intake apart you'll have seen how much blow by and oil vapour can come out under load. Good luck though

• Member For: 7y 20d

No probs got a million ideas floating round thinking off just 1 crossover pipe n just dose piping turbo with pipe and pod found Flexi cool air intake tube on geek that can suck some cool air in round the manifold

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Like 2

• Member For: 19y 7m 26d

Sorry guys, been busy with work. Yesterday got a lot done. While doing an oil change a decided to change the turbo oil line. Then cleaned the throttle body then installed my battery relocation kit I made. I can't upload pictures here as I have gone over limit. I'll try using that photobucket thing. Next is the piping!

Edited by My_XR6_Turbo
  • Like 1