Battery relocation and filter box

• Member For: 10y 10m 23d
Sorry guys, been busy with work. Yesterday got a lot done. While doing an oil change a decided to change the turbo oil line. Then cleaned the throttle body then installed my battery relocation kit I made. I can't upload pictures here as I have gone over limit. I'll try using that photobucket thing. Next is the piping!

Would love to see pics!

Know that feeling too you just get carried away sometimes haha

• Member For: 19y 8m 14d

Tomorrow I'll upload them. Took alot a pics when doing the oil line. I might do a "how to" as then one here is missing the pictures.

Question 1. I noticed the fg intercooler has the same outlets as the plazmaman (facing down). Has anyone tried putting the fg cooler in a bf? ATM I have a wog cooler which is a direct replacememt would I get any benifet using the fg one besides the pipe locations?

Question 2. Has anyone found a cheap place to get the aluminium piping (for intake)? Went to supercheap and they are about $25 a peice. Went to autobarn and they were about $45 a piece. Saw on eBay you can get a "mix" pack for $160 But it does not say how think the material is.

Question 3. Does anyone know where to get cheap aluminium plate off cuts? (Melbourne)

Last one. Anyone got a tig welder they want to sell? I tried changing the tip and gas on my mig but it's just not the same.

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 10m 23d

That looks awesome man. Are there any legal requirements around relocating a battery. Just as I know how hard it is having a modded car in east/south east suburbs in Melbourne I'd hate to get pulled up one night on princes hey going home if I copy this sort of thing. Haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 18d

If you are retaining the stock crossover then you just need to block off the smaller fitting on your new intake pipe. 

It is only needed when you remove the crossover.