To start or not to start a Youtube channel

My_XR6_Turbo

• Member For: 19y 8m 16d

Hey guys,

This is a little off topic but wanted to get yours opinion. I’ve got 2 xr6 turbos at home. My daily driver which is a BF MkII running 310rwks. The other one is my BA 03 manual xr6 turbo. This one needs a bit of work. ALL rubbers + center bush, roof liner, driveshaft bearing, paint (clear coat gone), headlights (all foggy), ABS (light has come on), typical leak from power steering hose and a leak from the oil return from the turbo to sump which happened when I had the turbo replaced and they over tightened the bolts on the sump. The car has 270rwks. It has the turbo flapper done, 12PSI actuator, 42PSI injectors, 200CPSI cat plus a tune done by Pit Lane Performance.

I’m tossing up what to do. Should I just sell it for $3,500 or maybe start a youtube channel and look at doing some work to it? Maybe look at doing something crazy like a twincharger which I don't think has been done before. Do a gearbox swap out to a 6-speed manual and do all the repairs to the car so everyone can see how or how not to do them.

The Youtube channel would be based on your thoughts your ideas and would be guided by your comments on each video.

I'm not a mechanic but I know which way to hold a screwdriver and hammer. There will be mistakes but that's all part of learning. Would the car start first time if I installed a twincharger? probably not. That's where your comments and knowledge would come in handy.

What does everyone think? Leave it or look more into it?

Thanks for reading,

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Do what you want. Remember to wear your rhino hide jacket cos youtube comments can be interesting at times. I'm sure you'll help someone out one day by posting videos like that.

There was a twincharged build done before so there will be plenty of info around if you decide to go that route.

If it was me though I'd sell it. It's a waste of money fixing a car that farked.

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 13d

If it was me - I'd sell the car.  I was in that position about 5 months ago.  I could have kept my T and did it up - it was a beautiful car.  Luv'ed it.  But I've got so much other stuff goin on I know I would not have the time and the fact that it sat outside my front lawn for 4 months gathering dust (and leaves) whilst I drove my F6 as a my daily is proof I guess.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

yes, I bought that car ^^^

It passed a RW fairly easily and I've done a fair bit of cleaning and paint fix-ups from it sitting around for so long. But I have heaps of experience with these cars and there was nothing mechanically "wrong" with it, so I was happy to buy it in the state it was in.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 6y 11m 8d

I think that's a great idea bro. YouTube is a place where you can easily succeed, only if you have ideas to share, and my suggestion would be to learn a little about seo, if you don't know about it yet, before starting, because knowledge about it can put your channel on top for very short time. Good luck!

• Member For: 19y 8m 16d

Thank for the pep up. What is SEO short for? I'm still thinking about it. I'm looking for a good price Tig AC DC welder ATM. Once I get that I'll be in a good spot to start. I have just fixed up the lathe and the motor swap ( 3 phase to single phase) for my mill is on its way.