Calling xr6t guru's?

jollyjim81

• Member For: 7y 14d

I posted a query a few days ago with reference to driving my fg xr6t with hi flow cat and no tune from Karratha to Brisbane...

Turns out catalytic converter is fine and not blocked, so no need to purchase hi flow just yet... I have put new fuel filter in, checked all the piping, done the wd40 trick with turbo solenoid, air filter brand new, the car isn't breaking down or missing so not inclined to think it's plugs or coil pack just doesn't have any initial kick from boost....It will make power eventually but like it's just naturally aspirated.... I also ran scan but the numbers don't mean much to me as still learning as I go...see below pics and if anything stands out please let me know u may have doubled up as 1st screens hot think revs may have been down a vit...at my witts end..thank you in advance

114d73c6dfaa50f7aa495bbe90e531ca.jpg3929d263433383669fed8f13559a4081.jpg66cec8a2e20d1739ea33a44fb233c840.jpgb84fed89a55ac88667cf0698de9749a0.jpg6a7978a21cdca8a4400e43ffd1cf6d3c.jpg

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

I don't think it is...checked all the piping and also exhaust manifold bolts...just spotted oil down side of turbo and bad smell...think turbo has packed it in...I purchased extended warranty when I got it...hopefully they come to the party find out monday.

Hey mate...was thinking that...went to do it this morning but working 12 hour shifts and had to head off early...essentially I'm guessing if any resistance then turbo is on the fritz?..I did have piping off other day and just checked for any shaft play and wasn't any but didn't think to try and spin impeller at that point...blind optimism.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Confirm every single piece of rubber/silicone is serviceable. Remove it and check it for possible boost leaks. A crack/split can hide and you might miss it. Make sure it is all clamped up properly. Don't the fg's have plastic ic piping that can crack? Check it closely.

Check intake side for vacuum/boost leaks. There are several methods.

Do you have a pie sized hole in your intercooler?

Check manifold and turbo gaskets and fasteners. I know you said the manifold was loose last time. Did you remove the heat shielding and do up the lower bolts? Did you get all the turbo fasteners? They can be a karnt to get to.

If it is acting na then the wastegate could be stuck open or just flapping in the breeze if the actuator rod is not attached.

It's kinda hard to fix it without being there but hopefully someone's suggestion will hit the nail on the head.

Cheers puff...yeah took all heat shields off and checked all the bolts...the exhaust manifold ones were loose but ultimately not the culprit... I'll inspect actuating arm a bit better..should you be able to move it manually? If not that that then must be piping or IC hole...going to be a long night.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

You can move a stock actuator pretty easily. It is unlikely that the rod is not attached but it could happen.

It won't be an ic hole unless it is huge....like the size of your thumb...or a pie. Pin holes do fark all.

W7Ehxrh.jpg

This is a farked turbo gasket. Check your gaskets. Tight bolts may not help a farked gasket.

It's a process of elimination. Have fun mate.