ICC and Cluster not working... (OVER IT)

Wranglerfpr000

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 7y 4m 28d

Ok so....this is weird....after muckin around uninstalling everything icc and cluster etc and reinstalling....I now have cluster again but no icc....ive traced all wiring along the can bus and everything is fine....but yeah still no icc...

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 1m 12d

hi guys my name is chris I am from south africa I had the same problem on my territory after removing the radio . And after reading your post I did replace the hole radio unit with a uther one only to find the same problem , also no comunication by radio air con or the cluster. Well long story short I had a look at all plugs and found that the plug on the radio did not plug in corectly because of broken lock so I remove the plug from the housing and plug in directly into the radio and bob is your uncel all problems gone every thin working . Hope this help someone Thanks for accepting me KIND REGARDS CHRIS

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Back in the days when I was young, they had Xr3, Xr6 and Xr8s......

Doesn't surprise me that they have the terries in RSA!!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 9m 7d
On 07/03/2017 at 11:45 PM, christiaanvdberg said:

hi guys my name is chris I am from south africa I had the same problem on my territory after removing the radio . And after reading your post I did replace the hole radio unit with a uther one only to find the same problem , also no comunication by radio air con or the cluster. Well long story short I had a look at all plugs and found that the plug on the radio did not plug in corectly because of broken lock so I remove the plug from the housing and plug in directly into the radio and bob is your uncel all problems gone every thin working . Hope this help someone Thanks for accepting me KIND REGARDS CHRIS

This!

I stuffed about with my icc, got another one from a wrecker and it had the same issue. Then I thought perhaps the plug in the back wasn't going in. 

So pulled the wires out of the dash, cut away the stupid bracket they have the female plug mounted in. Put the plug in by hand and just as Chris said "Bob is your uncle" 😂 thanks mate! 

20190621-183242.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 4y 8m 3d

Hi all. My BA is doing the same. First Radio and Climate Control sometimes stopped so just hitting side of console made it work. Took out centre ICC unit and sprayed plugs with contact cleaner and then worked fine but door open in dash display stayed on. Ended up being new BCM needed to get door open alarm fixed(replaced all the motors and cogs in the mechanisms in the doors first) and got Ford to program it to car. Then after ford, radio speakers worked randomly. So pulled out ICC unit and found plug latching mechanism has pin broken. Now when I push ICC unit back in nothing is on display and sometimes CODE is on display. Car Starts OKay but oil and a couple of other lights are on. Its 99% that white plug that has to latch when you push ICC unit in. But my wires are not long enough to pull out enough to be able to plug it in by hand. Yours look longer but maybe you did something to get them longer. Why doesn't someone make up a short 20cm lead with a male and female that can just be plugged in to give a longer length? Maybe I will have to cut wires and solder extra length to allow my hand to be able to plug ICC in. Yours even look to short to get your hand in, how did you do it?

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 1m 1d

Ok old thread. Right we had to replace the ignition switch & the ICC had a few faulty buttons & some of the screen is dead. Now I have no Speedo no rpm & the cluster is light up like a z mass tree & the ICC is no working still & I know atlest one of my ICC's work. I have ford scan & have checked every plug & wire. Apart from no aircon no music & no Speedo the cars great. Lols

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 1m 17d

This is my first time on here and I made an account specifically because I am experiencing this exact issue on my 2005 bf XR6.
Ive only just gotten the car and after a CD player malfunction, and subsequant removal for repairs (of which seems not easily possible sadly) the refitting of my ICC has not gone well, I put it in temporarily (just without trim peices in) but have for the past 5 days been driving to work without any guages (exept for fuel) and with all the warning lights on; ICC does not work either, screen is not on but I did remove the CD and radio unit so what else would it display, the AC doesnt work, and none of the function buttons work (like the lights and door lock buttons on the bottom of the ICC) 
Im worried my BCM got damaged or carked it, but the windows still work, and the cruise control still works (however it doesnt show its on) so im confused, does the ICC control the cluster?? and cause its dead its not working? or is something else happening.

TLDR- I really just need to know what happened @Wranglerfpr000 what fixed the issue and what did you do!!

im all abit disheartened by the situation, its been my dream car and now its given me nothing but issues in the first 2 months of driving it, I hope you still see this after 5 years, I really need the help.

Edit: I did not see there was a second page to this! this is very hopeful to see, and makes me think, I heard a weird buzzing/static sound in the dash after instillation, and did assume something was ill-fitted, I (at the time) hadnt installed the mounting screws to the ICC as I did it in a rush the night before work, and figured the clips hold it in the same position, I dicked around with the plugs going to the BCM for afew seconds while driving (litterally just shook them) and it stopped, so I beleive my issue is ill-fittment
lets hope it didnt wreck anything

Edited by Ira Carew
missed information