Car apart, Routine Maintenance??

NathanB

• Member For: 10y 10m 25d

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've posted but loving the car so far, retune will happen mid-year hopefully but until then I'm trying to get it up to scratch in every other way.

My front end is apart as I realised one of the factory hot pipes (rubber) has perished due to oil (see:little splits/cracks hardening etc.) so a guy locally had a full factory second hand set up on gumtree so I bought the lot. Sadly he recently lost his car due to mistaken identity (jerks). Gave me a lot of good info as his BF Turbo was in pristine condition. 

Now I have the entire front end of the car apart/exposed, are there any items people would recommend changing/checking whilst I'm here? I've heard the Boost control solenoid usually could use a clean or check and I'm generally going to check all the hoses and bolts that I can. 

Key fact here is that I am still able to get very cheap parts and things that would normally be very expensive I may have the ability to still get at a good price(aftermarket). 

Loved that Ford still sell the duct (oversized rubber rad hose) for new @ $320 :oooh:

I can post pics of how apart I've got it if anyone would like me to.

cheers.

Nathan

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Check the power steering system and alternator condition while it's all apart, otherwise it's just the regular nuts and bolts around those areas.

• Like 1