FG F6 UTE problem

powelmac

• Member For: 7y 11m 15d

Hey all, my first post.

I have a 2011 FG F6 manual ute w/382rwkw (lowered at pedders, springs, leafs and super pro bushes) and it tramps a ton (bilsteins on the way), but this morning as it tramped in 3rd the rear breifly became unsteady, I let off as usual but my steering wheel from that point on is about 20 degrees further clockwise for the car to drive straight. Car drives as it did, nothing wrong with wheel alignment, steering feels normal, no shudders vibrations or noises, just the steering wheel is off centre. although when it tramps now is feels a little different perhaps a more of a shudder than a bounce. Had a geeze under front and rear all seems in order. Any ideas?

Mac

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Hi Mac and :Welcome2FordXR6t:.

I cant give you an answer as I have never been in that situation. If the steering wheel is off 20 degrees then you might want to take it back to the alignment place to straighten it for you.

surely the other knowledgeable members on here will tune in soon.

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Welcome Mac 

Maybe you've upset the caster somehow by the tramping. Definitely get it to a tyre shop for a wheel alignment. 

Have a look under the back at the leaves and see if the U-bolts or diff have moved. 

This is very weird. Keep us posted how you go. 

• Like 1

So the left super pro leaf Spring saddle bush split and the axle actually moved forward on the left side thus having the rear axle on a slight rightward  angle. Can anybody point me in the right direction for steel saddle bushes?

cheers

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d
Remove them altogether, you'll need to make up something to keep the diff located correctly though as the bush has a ring section that does that.

After having it fixed by my usual mob, The left wheel is still sitting about 4cm further forward in the wheel well towards the front of the car than the right is. Also tramping a sh*t ton more than before and a weird clunk on the left side when going over bumps. Will be booking into centreline suspension as I have heard they are the go to.