Im Idaho

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d
11 hours ago, k31th said:

such a short sighted view

I checked. You've started 13 threads and you got very good quality help in all 13 of them. Only a couple of those threads had some sh*tposters interspersed.

Forums have always ridiculed people. People ridicule people on the internet; that's just an unchanging fact. The amount of help is always proportional to the amount of effort you're willing to put in with either listening to those with more experience or searching for answers yourself.

Forums ridiculed people? don't think that's why I partake in forums.

I personally do it to learn and to pass on any knowledge I've gathered in my life time, but hey, we all have different drivers.

Like I said, I've learnt plenty from these pages, mostly by trolling old threads and pm's from those I've approached.

But on the surface, a lot of knowledgeable people have left, and the majority of content these days is day to day banter, throw in some brand barracking and a fanboi club for good measure.

Just passing my opinion on the place, and IMO, its no orphan, like I said Forums in general a mere shadow of what they where 10 years ago.

A moderator can only moderate the content others put up.

• Like 4

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I don't see much fanboy-ing around, realistically. Only a touch here and there. Nothing like it used it be, around here.

FB groups have stolen most of the "activity" from forums like this, but these are still much better for a sense of community, organised activities and informational content.

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

The forum will never be like it was ten years ago in 2007 these vehicles were at there peak, people tuning and modding them left right and centre. These days most people have either maxed out cars potential or there credit cards.

There are still a few new crew jumping into the seat of a turbo barra but most of the questions have been answered before and are catalogued in the depths of the forums server.

So your left with a huge chat room for open conversations. Which has the usual banter and piss taking, some get upset but most know how it all works around here.

The forum is not broken at all.

As keithy said it's a great community of big kids chatting about anything and everything. Just my 2c's worth.

• Like 5

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Hey.  Heaps of members don't even drive fords or even turbos.  

Times have changed man.

Be there or be square.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...