Ba xr6 brembo upgrade

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 9m 4d

I'm looking at getting some brembo brakes for my ba sedan. Anyone know anyone selling any or somewhere to get some cheap leaf me know. Doesn't really bother me if they are 4 or 6 piston (obviously rather 6) if the price is right. Would like front and back but either or is good enough cause I'll just get the other set somewhere else.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

If you want good stopping ability with minimal outlay then I'd suggest T3 front rotors with pmu pads.

@JETURBO sorted me out with my brakes and not only did he save me money (thanks jet) but I haven't felt any fade yet and the car stops beautifully.

• Like 3

:stupid:

If memory serves me right this is the same OP that was looking for the cheapest options for modding his vehicle.

Brembos are definitely not a cheap option. Replacement of pads have to be a specific Brembo shape and size $$$

(Personal experience)

Not cheap option finding specific rimz to fit over 6pot Brembos.

Brembos also have a soft material used on the rotors which means they wear out quicker. These are race brakes and this is there intended use, soft rotor material is used because like any race equipment it's throw away..

Jets T3 and NS400 pack is definitely the best option for standard calipers.

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 9m 4d

I was about to buy some t3's and red stuff pads but will be going fairly big power sometime soon and would rather just buy the brembos (calipers) and then I'll use t3 rotors and what ever pads I end up deciding on (have been told about so many different pads and tried a few and so far no luck. I know it's not cheap but I don't wanna do half the work now then have to re do it later, I've been contemplating this for months and brembos are the way to go for me

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Fair enough mate. 

Imo brakes are not a priority when going "fairly big" on a ba.

I've got more get up and go than boxy (no hard feelings mate) and I'm happy to keep the t3 fronts with the stock rears until well past 400rwkw on the street or drags. 

I like your outlook of doing it right the first time though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puffwagon said:

I've got more get up and go than boxy (no hard feelings mate)

that's all good buddy. :happyfriends:I have forgotten what yours is at. 350-360ish?

1 hour ago, Hezabot said:

I was about to buy some t3's and red stuff pads but will be going fairly big power sometime soon and would rather just buy the brembos (calipers) and then I'll use t3 rotors and what ever pads I end up deciding on (have been told about so many different pads and tried a few and so far no luck. I know it's not cheap but I don't wanna do half the work now then have to re do it later, I've been contemplating this for months and brembos are the way to go for me 

You will definitely like the stopping power offered by having Brembos.

I'm gonna be upgrading my brakes to what puff and I have mentioned so it will interesting to see how much better the Brembos actually are over the T3/NS400 kit is.

Also Heza I thought you made a thread about modding on the cheap.

.. wasn't you at all..

Best of luck hunting down a good set of Brembos mate, they definitely look the guts on any car.

Pure car bling.......:dancing:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Not sure mate. I'll chuck it on the dyno when 4th won't hook. 

I had my doubts about the T3's but I'm happy now. 

Edit: He was asking about fair priced diff bush choices recently. Sometimes our finances change.

Edited by Puffwagon

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d