Ultrex 4inch right through exhaust

elapxidi

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
5 hours ago, arronm said:

Drop the cradle????   Who would buy that exhaust.  

Ultrex, best have a close look at the competitors.  Cause that’s a MAJOR design flaw....

Anyone else read ^

this like this->nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-me

• Haha 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 14d

Cool as fellas. My mate had to drop his cradle to get an x force 4" on. Not really sure why it's a massive deal. If dont want to drop the cradle spend an extra grand on the other brands. I certainly prefer the sound on mine to the xforce and the price. I didn't have a thick wallet for big $ build. So this was a good option for me and it's served me well. Can't complain. 

• Member For: 7y 14d
Hi Guys - I am happy to receive constructive feedback - positive or negative - so we can improve what we make and produce what people want.

Interesting comments regarding never dropping the cradle - the exhaust shop that fits them locally and developed it with us drops the cradle to remove the factory system so they dont destroy the heat shield as even the factory system is a challenge to get out...so whilst its dropped its easy to install our system. We didn't see that as a big deal to do as doesnt take that long - but if the consensus is that's a deal breaker - no problems - easy to change it.

Aaronm and Ralph Wiggum - as you are in Perth and if you are interested to provide feedback/info on what you think does and doesnt make the best system -  we are happy to listen up before revising - if keen please PM as would welcome the chance to chat and grab your input.

This is actually a high quality system made by a top factory with a high level of consistency in what they produce. We produce different exhaust systems through many factories and this factory is by far the best, however they reproduce what we hand make here first. We fabricated the original system, had the factory reproduce it and after 12 months of revisions and changes got it perfect - then tested it on multiple cars and it fitted spot on and flowed well /made good power so we mass produced it.

However if we can improve the design of the system in any way so its easier to fit, makes more power, sounds better, sits higher, looks better - whatever - then we are all for making the changes to make it the best system possible.

Cheers
Rob
Ultrex Performance
  • Thanks 1

• Member For: 6y 9m 6d

I agree that it is a good price for the system considering it would have cost me a thousand just in material, then there is the time in cutting welding and polishing. I was qouted 1900 installed for the x force system which is far from an extra thousand dollars vybr8r. Ultrex exhaust is ALOT louder aswell and does drone excessively down low although off throttle and full throttle it sounds awesome. When I first start the car the exhaust rattles out of control on the block and somewhere around the diff until its at normal operating temperature then its fine. And it hangs stupid low in the mid section which makes me think vybr8r and I must be talking about two different exhausts unless my exhaust is one built before the 12 months of revision. I dont have the cat on the wrong way either because it only goes on one way otherwise it doesn’t line up with the rest of the exhaust. Which is why I said it should have a direction of flow on it and a this way up arrow! As for constructive criticism the dump pipe should be shorter so the cat doesn’t need to have a flange welded on the piss to try aim the exhaust up off the ground, and it should be slightly rotated so its not sitting 2mm off the block. If its possible to make it so u don’t have to drop the cradle then that's a bonus and time saver. Also the dog leg in the mid section pipe should be two 45 degree bends instead of two 90s, that would aid better flow and prevent the hot spot in the 90 after the cat. In my personal opinion all stainless exhausts should be purge welded for added strength and possibly flow. Or at least examine every weld to make sure there’s no pin holes. And there was some misalignment where the str8 tube was welded to a bend which I would have never welded like that, all joins should be flush before welding. There is literally more than 100mm between the exhaust and the bottom of the car it’s hanging LOW! I ended up putting hose clamps around the rubber mounts and tightened them up to lift the exhaust a bit which is probably putting major stress on the turbo housing, and caused the exhaust tip to melt the rear bar a little. Rectify those problems then we can talk top quality sitting spot on and best bang for buck! BAM!

• Member For: 6y 9m 6d

What

for?

so

It

Doesn’t 

Strain your eyes?

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 13d

I have had this exhaust on my car for 3+ months now.

I had to remove the cradle to swap diffs anyway so having to drop the cradle wasnt an issue for me.

I found it relatively easy to fit (at home on stands) but did have to adjust it once (to be expected) after driving because it was tapping over the cradle once the system got hot.

After re-adjusting it I havent had a problem though.

I do find it hangs a little low in the mid-section but nothing too crazy.

As for sound, I really liked the quietness of my standard catback (with 4" XFORCE dump), so I was really concerned/expexting there would be excessive loudness and drone from the 4" exhaust, but have instead been pleasantly surprised.

After first fitting the exhaust it was fairly droney at low revs but after driving it for a few days the drone significantly improved.

It is a little loud on cold start but I would expect that.

At idle and when cruising I do not find it droney or too loud.

Accelerating at low revs it can drone a little but nothing unbearable and no more than I would expect from an automatic car with a large exhaust.

The note when decelerating off throttle is very nice.

I cant really comment on W.O.T sound because I have a screamer pipe now.

I have also had many people comment on the how they like the sound of the car now.

Power is at 429rwkw@20psi.

I paid about $1200 after EBay discounts, which I believe made this system exceptional value.

All in all I have been very happy with the fit, finish, sound and price of the system.

Communication with Ultrex via FB messenger was very good too.