Ultrex 4inch right through exhaust

elapxidi

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 23d

I have 2 Nizpro exhaust . If you know what you are doing they fit perfect.  How wouldn't they.  Full V band. 

• Member For: 6y 9m 28d

Ultrex exhaust is also v band I have been fabricating and installing stainless pipes for twenty years and have never struggled as much as I did with this exhaust, its not completely garbage it should have just been made different, a bit more r and d or possibly their jig has moved over time

50 minutes ago, Ford Freak said:

ultrex will blame the person who installed it. 

I installed it myself and tried every orientation of the pipes until it sat up as high as possible with the best possible clearance.Will be going back to my brothers workshop in the morning to put it back on the hoist and make a solid mount, even considering making the mid section a twin 2.5 inch, but then it will probably need another tune

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 7y 1m 5d

Hi guys.. Sorry I was just made aware of this post being updated.

I am unsure as to why its sitting low on your stock height car as we had developed it on a very lowered car here and it sits quite high under the vehicle. 

I suspect that the issue could be related to the cat piece being installed with incorrect orientation which would affect everything from the cat back as the cat piece can be rotated or put in back to front. The jig would not have changed as is new. 

Yep its a tricky system to install and rear cradle needs to be lowered to install it - however when installed correctly fits spot on. 

We have not ripped off anyones system.. The original system was fabricated in a Perth exhaust shop on a local car and we are currently also working on the Ute system for past 6months or so.  The similarities if you look at the systems mentioned are stainless 4 inch and v band. Nothing else. 

I will pm you ironmantis for more info. 

Cheers.Rob

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 4m 5d

G'day guys. I wanted to put my 2 cents in as I've had a more positive experience with this exhaust. Firstly though comparing it to the competition you're getting a lot of metal for your money. You're looking at an extra grand for other brands for full stainless steel. For all 4" systems you have to drop the rear cradle. Regardless of brand. Fortunately I took advantage of this and fixed the diff bushes at the same time. Mines on an 09 G6e, with a GTX3582R. Last touch up tune it was pushing just over 400rwkw and flowing fine. My greatest limitation was actually the intercooler. These are a loud exhaust. They're race mufflers, next to say an x force it will drown it out. At full noise they have an awesome note. They can be a little noisey under load getting around town. Not excessive but the price you pay for straight through. Doesn't sound ridiculous like the mid muffler deletes tractors I've heard. My car is dumped on its guts. So it does scrap on the bumps. But then again so does the chassis. Being vband clamps you have to get it lined up properly otherwise it won't sit right. But once lined up it's not any lower than an xforce. I've had it on now for roughly 20,000kms. Had no issues with the welding, clamps or police! I highly recommend it, as I said at the beginning a lot of metal for your money. 

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d
41 minutes ago, VYBR8R said:

You're looking at an extra grand for other brands for full stainless steel. For all 4" systems you have to drop the rear cradle. Regardless of brand 

Sorry mate, not true Nizpro 4* stainless vband system goes straight in 

X- Force 4* stainless flanged system goes straight in

TOG 4* stainless Vband system goes straight in....in fact this will be the first time I've ever heard of a rear cradle needing to be lowered to fit an exhaust ever and it shouldn't be that hard to add another section with Vband to get this Ultrex system in without lowering the cradle 

I've done countless bolt in systems on the falcon platform for customers and this would make me choke if it was the case 

just sayn 

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Drop the cradle????   Who would buy that exhaust.  

Ultrex, best have a close look at the competitors.  Cause that’s a MAJOR design flaw....

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
11 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Sorry mate, not true Nizpro 4* stainless vband system goes straight in 

X- Force 4* stainless flanged system goes straight in

TOG 4* stainless Vband system goes straight in....in fact this will be the first time I've ever heard of a rear cradle needing to be lowered to fit an exhaust ever and it shouldn't be that hard to add another section with Vband to get this Ultrex system in without lowering the cradle 

I've done countless bolt in systems on the falcon platform for customers and this would make me choke if it was the case 

just sayn 

17 minutes ago, arronm said:

Drop the cradle????   Who would buy that exhaust.  

Ultrex, best have a close look at the competitors.  Cause that’s a MAJOR design flaw....

LOL you've both dropped plenty of cradles....jus sayin

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

LOL you've both dropped plenty of cradles....jus sayin

I dropped the baby a few times but never the cradle.  

14 hours ago, VYBR8R said:

For all 4" systems you have to drop the rear cradle. Regardless of brand. Fortunately I took advantage of this and fixed the diff bushes at the same time.

Did you try passing the section through before you dropped the cradle