Xr6turbo headunit installation

Rickybobby

• Member For: 7y 4m 17d

Hey guy n gals,

running a aftermarket stereo cause my icc isn't workin and I can't deal with silence.

where is a good place to tap into to get a ignition power supply to turn the headunit on. I have run a seperate wire for constant and ground wires just not sure if the best place to run a power wire. 

Cheers 

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Bluetooth plug. Behind fuse box. You can get all three wires there. Yelllow is +. Black/yellow is ACC and balck is -

You can use a four way connector like I did (car plug is on the right, or just male spade connectors. The green wire is mute

IMG_6547_zpsyxjdgfri.jpg

Edited by arronm
  • Like 1

• Member For: 7y 4m 17d

I had a mate who used the 12vplug and it cancels out the windows when the headunit is running. Draws to much power for the motor to work. 

Hate to be a pain but what one is the  Bluetooth plug and what wire of it do I use for just mains power?  Photo reference would be sweet!!! 

I originaly had a aux plugged in but it created way to much interference noise.

is that the same plug? 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
Just now, Rickybobby said:

I had a mate who used the 12vplug and it cancels out the windows when the headunit is running. Draws to much power for the motor to work.

I had a mates mate that did nothing and it did nothing to nothing... don't be ridiculous. The 12v plug is not even on the same circuit as the power window motors.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

The good thing about doing what Arronm suggests is you can easily isolate your own wiring from the factory gear. If you have an electrical issue, it's a quick unplug and you are back to factory spec so you can eliminate your additional wiring and accessories as the cause. I've got an additional power socket for my Bluetooth hands free adaptor and my gauges wired that way.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d
6 hours ago, arronm said:

Bluetooth plug. Behind fuse box. You can get all three wires there. Yelllow is +. Black/yellow is ACC and balck is -

You can use a four way connector like I did (car plug is on the right, or just male spade connectors. The green wire is mute

IMG_6547_zpsyxjdgfri.jpg

This is the best way by far. I just ran spades and slotted them in. 

Ran the same head unit in both falcons and makes for easy removal also.