KFRL-68SSSSL? Does it exist? Or lower than SSSL?

chevZ

• Member For: 12y 10m 10d

G'day Guys.

I'll cut to the chase. Looking for rear springs to suit FG Sedan that are lower than KFRL-68SSSL. I have kfrl-68sssl's already and it really bothers me sometimes that there is a decent gap between the 20" tyre and the guard. 

Does anyone know whether there is a KFRL-68SSSSL in existence, or if another manufacturer is making something off the shelf lower than the king spring options? I'm having a hard time finding somewhere in WA that will reset the springs so now I'm looking to a better off the shelf alternative. (not paying for coilovers)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

it goes "Super Low" then "Super Super Low" then "Super Super Super Low" then "Ultra Low" :P no idea on the actual product code, though.

6 minutes ago, k31th said:

it goes "Super Low" then "Super Super Low" then "Super Super Super Low" then "Ultra Low" :P no idea on the actual product code, though.

Yeah but all I've found online from looking at "ultra low" listings is products that have a KFRL-68SSSL code. :(

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Who cares about product codes. Just call them and say "I want lower than SSSL".

pro-tip: AU springs fit and are considerably lower than BA-FG springs ;) (you will break much of the car going this low, though haha)

• Member For: 7y 10m 30d

I've had it with cars dragging their ass. My vr bombadore had daewoo lanos rear springs in it. You could imagine the ride from springs that were meant to hold up a toy car. I had a flat spot on my diff from dragging it everywhere. Got over that sh*t real quick. 

I know you didn't ask for suggestions about anything else but if you want to go that low I would be looking at airbags. You can get good rear only kits for under $1k now. Saves fark arsing around in car parks and sh*t.

Edited by ROB83R

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

^^ clearly an old man

Low is a preference. If people want to do it, go nuts! It's only dangerous to the tops of speedbumps.

• Member For: 7y 10m 30d

Nah man just got practical. My xy is on the floor. Drags the headers over everything. But that's a car we only take out once a month at best. 

Any more than that it becomes a chore. 

Yeah old man 

13 hours ago, ROB83R said:

I've had it with cars dragging their ass. My vr bombadore had daewoo lanos rear springs in it. You could imagine the ride from springs that were meant to hold up a toy car. I had a flat spot on my diff from dragging it everywhere. Got over that sh*t real quick. 

I know you didn't ask for suggestions about anything else but if you want to go that low I would be looking at airbags. You can get good rear only kits for under $1k now. Saves fark arsing around in car parks and sh*t.

Appreciate the advice guys but bags/coilovers are out of the question for various reasons. The N/A XR50 is just a reliable daily to me and I don't want to sink that kind of money into it, but at the same note I don't want to dodgy the sh*t out of it and chop coils. I'm open to the idea of springs from another model falcon but honestly it may sound like I'm trying to slam this thing on it's ass but I'm not...

The SSSL's in the rear right now sit almost an inch above the 20" tyre. I just want them to be a little lower. 

Edited by chevZ