Fitting reverse Camera to MK2 ICC installed in MK1 FG ute

nubexr6t

• Member For: 7y 6m 21d

Hi

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I bought a 09 FG mk1 T ute recently that had a mk2 ICC installed in it. It has the reverse camera activated as screen goes blank "check your surroundings" comes up where reverse is engaged. I was hoping to fit a cheap generic reverse camera up to it but am unsure how to connect to the ICC. I wouldn't have any wiring for a reverse cam as its a low spec originally. Also it has the patch loom to convert from original 2 plug icc setup to the mk2 single larger plug. I was wondering whether anyone else has done this and if so how they connected up. Does the mk2 reverse cam stock connect through this large plug into the ICC?. For the camera setup I want I was going to get power from reverse light and just the camera feed to ICC. does anyone have the pin out diagram for the mk2 ICC?

Edited by nubexr6t

• Member For: 9y 10m 12d

I am not sure if this helps I have a mk1 fg ute I got the terratory camera kit off ebay that plugs directly into icc and had to get the icc flashed to get the screen up looks like you dont have that issue, yu should be able to gt a mk2 camera kit.

I mounted my camera above licence plate andit still has good vision had to modify the bracket

• Member For: 7y 6m 21d

Thanks for reply  I think I will have to get this loom to connect in as I think it must go into the 12 pin plug .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-fg-mk2-icc-to-mk1-loom-With-reversing-camera-input/282328819868?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39923%26meid%3Decc6057bf1994f7e95c69c9ebfad6d34%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D282270734636

This one has the MK1 to MK2 patch loom and the camera input plug. All I need to connect the generic or any cam is the cam feed pin and shield pin. I will just get power from the reverse light as the generic cams are 12 volt. In theory this should work as I have seen it done on the mk1s.

Once I get the new one connected I will see if anyone wants the original patch cable I have. Its the critical bit for connecting the mk2 icc to a mk1.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d
8 hours ago, Dprem said:

I am not sure if this helps I have a mk1 fg ute I got the terratory camera kit off ebay that plugs directly into icc and had to get the icc flashed to get the screen up looks like you dont have that issue, yu should be able to gt a mk2 camera kit.

I mounted my camera above licence plate andit still has good vision had to modify the bracket

out of curiosity why did you get the territory kit?