FG XR6T engine bay ticking/knock

PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

That's very good news. Who is the warranty with. I have it on my bf but it isn't worth it really. I've been through the fine print on mine and just by putting my aftermarket oil feed on I've voided it. 

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Yeh I rekon I was just lucky af and got a good dealership. The first service guy even said once its tuned parts are still covered hahaha. 

I actually never researched who the insurance is with? Probs some eastern states company or some sh*t. The only catch is it must be serviced every 6 months by them (or a dealer in their network). 

But yeh see what happens  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Sorry Marco...forgot to msg back. Only picked the car up last week. Shipping of parts took a while and I told them not to rush...but still, least I got a bunch of sh*t for free.

So for those playing at home...result was "timing chain slack due to timing chain tensioner failure, guides broken and chain damaged". Think he said right guide and they just ordered a full kit. 

Good news was when resealing the timing cover, they fixed the slight oil leak that was there (and found one more leak which was covered). They also replaced the "drive belt tensioner". Total for job was just over 2k. So ive cracked the 11k mark for claims lol 

Going back tomorrow cause they wanted to check over it after a week to see if the noise is still ok. Plus they are replacing my thermostat and changing my rocker cover over (which should have been done at the time of doing the chain, but cant complain cause free). Thank fark for warranty  :spoton:

• Like 6