Bf xr6 turbo suspension? Issue.

Jaidenbfxr6t

• Member For: 7y 2m 22d

Anyone know why my bf xr6t is making a clunking/clicking/tapping noise, its coming from the front left I think!? I took the wheel off and I think I checked all the bushes and they seemed fine but im nomechanic, only one I was abit worried about was the ball joint bush, it wasnt split just looked like wornish?

I also attempted to check the ball joint and no noises by shaking the wheel.. I didnt jack up both sides though if that  effects it? It was really dry though when I unbolted the upper control arm.

And its also worse when theres passengers in the car and when turning left, I was thinking power steering because if im turning the wheel left to right while idling you can hear a click but no leaks or no fluid loss.

Any help would be much appreciated before I take it to a mechanics and get absolutely raunted.

Edited by Jaidenbfxr6t

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Not all mechanics try to shaft you.

My local mechanic only charged me $30 to put my car on the hoist and properly adjust my trans fluid level. 

Well worth it considering the fark around of doing it in the driveway. 

I can't see anyone charging much just for a diagnosis even if they are charging $100+ p/h.

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

clicking could be any number of things in the suspension setup, unfortunately, and almost impossible to diagnose over the internet.

Puffwagon has some good advice. Just get a diagnosis somewhere first if you're worried. It usually costs next to nothing to diagnose a small problem.

Just be wary of potential other issues you're not taking into account which might be more expensive to fix, so don't be surprised if the quote for repair is higher than you think. You're welcome to run any quote by us first if you're concerned about being ripped off :spoton:

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Pedders $28 safety check should come up with some answers. 

It could be ball joints, steering rack loose, sway bar pins or mounts, stuffed shocks, busted steering column and maybe even wheel bearings. One of those at a time isn't too expensive but do it all at once and you're going to be paying a fair a bit. 

• Like 2