Plazmaman air intake and other set ups.

XRBoost

• Member For: 7y 11m 20d

Just wondering if anyone here has the plazmaman set up in their ba/fg turbos. I'm running the standard air intake with a kn air filter. Standard cross over pipe. I understand the gains won't be all that substantial if I change the set up but will help with air flow. Plus I'm not that big on the look of the cross over pipe.

It is pricey with the battery location, and its a *beep* of a spot that the battery goes afterwards. Is it worth it though? Wouldn't mind bumping boost up a bit, running 12psi so maybe 15psi?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Most members on here run that type of set up ( race air box and battery relo ) 

it's  a decent fit and works as intended 

doesn't matter if you buy Plazmaman/ PW/Jonny Tig they're all the same basically 

what model XR6T do you have ?

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 27d

id definitely relocate the battery, I have the bf and plaz piping from turbo, to plaz 1000hp cooler, complete to throttle body. with plaz under battery intake (this part I dont recommend)

edit: by the way I don't plan on relocating the battery to a stupid spot where it can't be easily accessed, I plan on putting it in the boot and upgrading the wiring between alternator/starter/fuses/etc cause also doing car audio upgrades.

the FG has a much better arrangement under the bonnet which I think doesn't matter what brand you choose as much (obviously if you pick a giant intercooler you'll have to cut things up in any case lol)

just thought I'd post a pic of under my bonnet. the pipework rubs on things which I don't like, the under battery intake is a *beep*, pulling it off destroyed the not-yet- leaking p/s line o ring. also see to the right where the pipework touches the ECU. I plan on relocating the battery myself and buying or having a mate make me an intake with cover - probably re use part of the current intake but re work it.

IMG_0618.JPG

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 8y 11m 14d

Hey xrboost, I have exactly the same question.
My car is fg turbo.
I would like to ask others with this mod already done, how loud is induction noise compared to factory setup? Is it just slightly louder, or is it the case of hearing more of induction noise than engine?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 19d

The induction noise becomes very loud. I could barely hear my quad tip exhaust over it, but it is meant to be a quiet exhaust system

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

It's all different 

a B series with a UBI is 7/10

a B series with a 4* RAB is 9/10

a FG XR6T with a 4* RAB is 6/10

a FG F6 with a RAB is 9/10

any of those combos with a GTX is actually quieter by at least 1 to 2 tenths 

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 6d

Agree with jet here,

I went from 3" cai plaz to a gt35 and was very loud.

Now running race box with 4" to gtx 35 and noise is minimal though boost is minimal also.

In any case when the engine/turbo is getting more clean air the better for the engine/turbo

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 30d
4 hours ago, hpfmnst said:

how loud is induction noise compared to factory setup? Is it just slightly louder, or is it the case of hearing more of induction noise than engine?

I compare it to the noise in my old 351 when the secondaries opened up.

If you hear it it's costing you money (fuel) ;)

Have had other people drive both cars and didn't hear either - not the way I want to drive. 

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 6d
6 minutes ago, XRBoost said:

Appreciate the advice guys, thinking about a boot relocation rather than the other but could be costly. Might have to look up some more setups. 

Ive gone the race box with oddesy battery and it works brilliantly. No moving of battery just a nice high powered oddesy beast with a big asre pod next to it.

will take a pic for ya 

• Like 2