XR6T dropping a cylinder at idle when hot

rollex

• Member For: 9y 10m 17d

No but its pretty obvious. Take the coil pack cover off and they line up exactly with the top of the coil pack pushing it into the block when you screw the cover down.

Ok well the idle problem is 100% fixed, not a single miss the past few days but now I have a new problem. A serious misfire/power loss on full boost.

Checked the timing and it never drops below ~2 degrees so I don't think its injectors as otherwise the knock sensor would be kicking in and pull timing galore down to -10 or something (I think).

I'm scared to test it out in case it is fuel pump or something and the knock sensor just isn't picking it up. Got a nice smell of fuel from the boot these days so going to pull everything out and see if the return hose has popped off or something.

If I'm losing an injector/fuel pump the knock sensors should kick in surely?

Any other suggestions?

Edited by rollex

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Don't you have one of those Keep Paying Money intank modules ?

and why are you still struggling with why the knock sensor activity on the scanner is incorrect, like seriously!

sure hope pull your socks up on your own tuning platforms scanner :ermm:

1 hour ago, JETURBO said:

Don't you have one of those Keep Paying Money intank modules ?

and why are you still struggling with why the knock sensor activity on the scanner is incorrect, like seriously!

sure hope pull your socks up on your own tuning platforms scanner :ermm:

I'm using a walbro that heinrich put in.

I'm not looking at the knock sensor activity, rather if timing is being pulled or not. I know what my minimum timing should be, so if the knock sensor is kicking in I should see it drop below this. I've seen it before so I'm confident I can log it.

I have no scanner implemented into my software yet. Though what I will be doing is only logging DMRs that are output from specific tables. So we can show an equation like.

Limit(BaseTimingMap, MaxTimingMap) * lambdaScaler * IntakeTempScaler * .... - KnockAdder = FinalTiming

All with live values so you can tell what is doing what, would love to get a list of things people like you would like, eg a wish list etc. I'm sure we can build something that is much better than what exists on the market.

Post in here if you'd like

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4940

Anyway that is wishful thinking for now as I only have SCT to log.

What are your thoughts, fuel or spark?

Edited by rollex

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

At the start of the thread you said there wasn't an issue with missing under load and now there is.

That seems a bit backwards but whatever.

I would make sure my plug gaps were around 0.7 first of all. Yours would still be 0.9 I suppose?