Truetrac diff and diff bushes.

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 9m 5d

So I've just converted my ba xr6 to a t56, got the diff with conversion (3.73 lsd) I'm gonna put a truetrac in it and while I'm at it I'm gonna do all the rear end bushes. I was told by a differential shop here in sa not to I <3 Bananas around with after market bushes cause the standard rubber ones are always better. Can anyone confirm this, or if you have after market ones please let me know as I will be doing this with in the next week.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Stock gives a nicer ride, but doesn't last long in a powerful vehicle.

Aftermarket can give similar ride in "comfort" style ones, but they can last longer than the stock ones do, especially if you're pushing more power.

Aftermarket "hard" ones tend to break the diff bolt or diff hat.

The only good solution is the twin-bush diff hat. Definitely worth the $ if the rear end is already apart :spoton:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

I'm happy with my aftermarket polylast bushes although I haven't had them in long.

I bought a tool and chucked them in when the father in law was over.

This is the centre bush and these are the side ones.

From what I gather you'd be nuts to fit stock bushes to a tuned car. You'll tear them in no time with a manual car that's driven hard.

I'd only consider going to a twin bush hat at this point if my bolt or hat broke (from drag racing) which is unlikely to happen in a street driven auto.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, k31th said:

Stock gives a nicer ride, but doesn't last long in a powerful vehicle.

Aftermarket can give similar ride in "comfort" style ones, but they can last longer than the stock ones do, especially if you're pushing more power.

Aftermarket "hard" ones tend to break the diff bolt or diff hat.

The only good solution is the twin-bush diff hat. Definitely worth the $ if the rear end is already apart :spoton:

I've been looking into that, $1000 though. Not sure if that was the price installed or not. Would like to do it but don't have the cash at the moment. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

That wont be fitted, last I checked it was $1500 fitted.

You're going to pay around $1000 for supply and fit for aftermarket bushes anyway.

I paid $390ish for bushes and the tool was $480 delivered so any way you look at it you're paying $870 if you went that way. 

By that I meant if I took the cradle out, I'm going to be doing all the work myself so it will be nowhere near that. I'll take the cradle somewhere and pay someone to take old bushes out and put new ones in. If I had the cash I would defiantly be going that way

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

That would work.

It wouldn't take long to swap the bushes if the cradle was on a trailer or the back of a ute.

If you go that way make sure you take the diff out too so the tool can be used on the bushes.

That'll cost you less than $500.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 22d

if ya had the cradle out removing the diff bushes isn't hard.

although hold on, I think if its a stock bush its hard to remove but the aftermarket ones are easier to change. I think you'd be up for an hours labour at a workshop if you dropped the cradle off.

I have nolathane bushes fitted just over a year ago by previous owner, cost them $995 from xtreme ford tuning. stuff all noise vibration and harshness if you ask me. but my rear end has pretty much every bush replaced/upgraded too.

Edited by skidxr6t