Wanting more PSI Boost

Jarmin

• Member For: 8y 9m 27d

Hi there I'm new to Turbos as such. Is a standard 2007 BF Mk2 Xr6 Turbo only done 95000 km only reaching 5psi normal? The car feels gutless, whats the best mods to give it for more psi. And yes obviously the more money you spend the more you'll get.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The easiest way I know of making more psi on a turbo car is to pull the hose from the compressor housing.

I don't recommend this however, this is bad, aka don't do it.

What I do recommend is spending several days/weeks reading this forum and you will find your answers within. :rtfm: 

For decent results, you need to replace from the front to the back; intercooler and piping, turbo intake, injectors, valve springs, tune, dump, cat, fuel pump, exhaust.

This will net you gains that most are happy with ie: mid to upper 300rwkw's.

You can go further with e85 ie: over 400rwkw but are asking for a "baxrtuteing".

After that it is turbo swap coupled with engine, trans and driveline building time if you want any hint of reliability.

To answer your question outright about "giving it more psi" you just need a tune.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 1d

hey mate below the turbo intake is a little rubber hose, just rip that off of the turbo and then you'll have more PSI. okay don't actually do this im only joking.

hahaha, I remember calling the guy who modded my car (a few owners ago) and he said it was really really slow so he took it in for lots of mods.

my car had close to 20k to get it where it is, to dyno 360kw, including the zf rebuild and retune (I think with new injectors too) at another tuner. so the guy would have saved a few grand possibly if he did some research about which tuner to choose!!!