2015 FGX G6E Turbo

senatorsignature

• Member For: 11y 11m 29d

Hi All,

Going to look at a 2015 FGX G6E Turbo tomorrow with 10,000 klms. I currently have a 2014 FG MK 11 XR6 Turbo with 47,000 klms but really like the look of the new FGX G6E plus my car is currently a darker colour (Petroleum) which is an absolute pain to keep clean, hence one of the reasons why I am looking at this silver G6E Turbo. One question I ask does this come with the same suspension setup as the XR6 Turbo or is it a softer setup and I believe that these don't come with LSD.

2015 Ford Falcon G6E Turbo FG X Auto

I am giving Ford one more chance as I haven't been impressed with the reliability of my current Turbo Falcon but the performance is something to behold. The following things I have replaced under warranty in my car since I got it at the start of the year,

No AM/FM Radio - Replaced Digital Aerial Cable

Drivers Door Seal Split

What hasn't been fixed and Ford playing hard ball to fix under warranty,

Diff Whine over 75 Klm/Hr - Ford Says within acceptable level

Noisy Power Steering Pump - Will continue monitor

Rattle behind glove box area - Cannot fault noise

Actuator Playing up on Boot release

Runs out of warranty next August, but I feel as though Ford are just stringing this out until the warranty period expires and to be honest you pay good money to own a car under warranty and they have every excuse under the sun to replace stuff, so I am over having the above still not fixed as I like my cars running as they should. So I am really hoping that maybe what I currently own was one of those cars built on a Friday/Monday scenario and it just has those annoying little problems. Will be disappointed if I have issues again. My wife used to own BA Falcon which we sold with 200,000 klms and did not miss a beat so fingers crossed this car I go and look at tomorrow is an absolute plumb.

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

Looking forward to seeing photos mate! I actually like the G6E in the FGX...the rest of the range decidedly less so.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 29d

First warranty issue - 22,000klms - in for Power Steering pump replacement on Tuesday, pretty ordinary to say the least. Other than that car has been good except for the useless navigation system, has been upgraded at last service but still struggles to find some of the newer streets and when I say newer streets - the last 12-18 months. But performance is great, best bang for buck and she is still standard for now, will wait until warranty period is over.

• Like 1